If you wanted to buy a T-72 .......

Tavarisch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have this thing about westerners........

They are, or at least in some cases were, exploiting and deceiving imperial capitalists who usurped our resources. They have done so for nearly 400 years and it just pisses me off. And the worst part was the failure of British forces to defend Malaya properly. You take our resources, pay us nearly nothing for it, disallow us from taking part in the shaping of politics and economy and then you leave us to be fed to the hounds. For god's sake man!

Of course, I'll admit there are some good Western people out there. Sarkozy comes to mind. Gordon Brown is a douche, I hear.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Thanks god you are not generalizing and you are not blame people for things which happened a long time ago... :rolleyes:

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread further.

Tavarisch

Thanks god you are not generalizing and you are not blame people for things which happened a long time ago... :rolleyes:

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread further.
Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Though it's would be sure that if it didn't happen along time ago, it would be very different today.

Tavarisch

ANYWAYS... back to buying big toys. Are tanks roadlegal in the US?
Most likely not.

Someone may confuse them for the real thing and they might call in the national Guard to blow it up.

For occasions like paint-ball or airsoft, so long as you have a license and a permit from the authorities I don't think it would be a problem.

(Lol, imagine a T-72 mounted with a compressed-gas pellet disperser or a paint cannon)

willur

the saudi's awhile back were selling chieftan tanks with low milage and complete spares pack for 55 thou, some t72 out slovia(started with a s) or currently try UK
http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/T72_tanks_for_sale_page.htm
you could register a tank as a heavy earth moving equipment in australia if it was fitted with a dozed blade although this only gives you a limited road legal.
if it was under a certain gross weight and fitted with road tracks and be able to fit within the road system width you could get a limited road traverse rego for daytime use only.

StingrayOZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking at buying a tank.

I have two brothers and plenty of acres, and Im sure I could find more acres once I own a tank.. I would look at old russian. Simple, reliable, fixable, cheap parts widely avalible. Not massive, I would perfer a smaller width tank. T-34 or T-55.

Infact Im sure I could make money out of a tank as a recovery vechical to recover semis and concrete trucks that get stuck.

I think the T-55 would be my pick, common, upgradable, smallish, flexable and simple. But given I am over 2m tall and my brothers are all 1.85+m tall I doubt how well we would actually fit into these things.

APC's are much more practical than a tank. Too bad you can't buy M113's. NZ was trying to sell its M113's for $24,000. Would have been a bargin.

Tavarisch

I have two brothers and plenty of acres, and Im sure I could find more acres once I own a tank.. I would look at old russian. Simple, reliable, fixable, cheap parts widely avalible. Not massive, I would perfer a smaller width tank. T-34 or T-55.

Infact Im sure I could make money out of a tank as a recovery vechical to recover semis and concrete trucks that get stuck.

I think the T-55 would be my pick, common, upgradable, smallish, flexable and simple. But given I am over 2m tall and my brothers are all 1.85+m tall I doubt how well we would actually fit into these things.

APC's are much more practical than a tank. Too bad you can't buy M113's. NZ was trying to sell its M113's for $24,000. Would have been a bargin.

The glory does not lie with APCs, unless you're talking about BMPs which are revolutionary in their own right.

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro

I would also highly recommend the T-55, maybe especially the armored recovery vehicle versions of the T-55. Spares you the problems of disarming the thing and maintaining a turret while offering the same fun to ride and it offers an already implemented platform for passengers.
Maybe some kind of Type-69 would also be interesting in your part of the world.

You could probably get more money out of it when you offer rides for interested people instead of using it as a recovery vehicle.

My father had no problems durin g his time on a T-55 with his 1,85m so a little bit higher shouldn't be that much of a problem.
And M113s are awfull to drive with even compared to an old T-55.
Damn box wagons...