hi please can someone give me some info

redsoulja

i was just wondering in one of the new russian fighter jets i tink th MF 1.44 heard somehting about a plasma shield os sorts that will prevent radar from spotting it,is this bs or real?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
If I see any more articles on "plasma stealth" I am going to stand on the nearest mountain and scream.

:help

redsoulja

gary im seriou, seven soem of the reliable russian sites discuss this,is it a lie?
plz tell me because i can't amke anyhting of it, they claim that plasma gas is vented on the surface to absorb the radio waves...
i am wanting a serious detailed response to my question

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
redsoulja said:
gary im seriou, seven soem of the reliable russian sites discuss this,is it a lie?
plz tell me because i can't amke anyhting of it, they claim that plasma gas is vented on the surface to absorb the radio waves...
i am wanting a serious detailed response to my question
Sorry, I just get personally frustrated at some of these things which keep re-appearing when the chances of Russia being able to bring any serious research work to fruition are rapidly diminishing.

1) If gas was to be vented, then you create a problem on the chord of the wing - how is that avoided? you can't. so venting is out.
2) If its electrical generation, then where are the contact points? that also means that the chord of the wing is bare - and that makes it a radar reflector in its own right
3) To generate plasma is going to turn that plane into one huge transmitter - the opposite of what is trying to be achieved
4) The closest thing to a plasma generator on a working platform (and this is highly debatable) may be the B2 - and look how big it is.

Plasma Stealth is like a few other Russian platforms that frustrate me. The S37, Mig 1.44 etc... even when you analyse the real time data, see what the Russians say themselves etc... people still trot out these platforms as serious contenders - usually because they like the look of them ;)

What suitably sized platform (if any) is able to act as a force field generator in the Russian AF - not one, nada, zip, zilch. ;)

This is of course based on my own exposure to some EW projects, so I obviously have my own reasons beyond what I've said to disbelieve the plasma "spin"