European 5th Generation Fighters

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really, there may not be any Indian input as of now, but India and Russia will have the right to veto sales on both versions as a part of the deal. AFAIK India will hold 30% rights on Pak-Fa and 50% on FGFA
A source on that would be nice. Also why would India veto the deal to begin with?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well aware on the FGFA, and it's quite possible that India has 30% of total funding in the T-50 (PAK-FA+FGFA). However do they have 30%, or even any % on the PAK-FA project? I doubt it.

NICO

Can't wait to see FGFA when it comes out. Are we talking new fighter or is it going to be just PAKFA with different radar, electronics,etc and produced in India?

I don't think India would be to kin on Russia selling PAKFAs to VZ as they are getting pretty cozy with China, not good for India letting China at look at PAKFA therefore a pretty good idea about FGFA.

Twinblade

Can't wait to see FGFA when it comes out. Are we talking new fighter or is it going to be just PAKFA with different radar, electronics,etc and produced in India?

I don't think India would be to kin on Russia selling PAKFAs to VZ as they are getting pretty cozy with China, not good for India letting China at look at PAKFA therefore a pretty good idea about FGFA.
On the contrary, things are heating up in south china sea. Indo-Vietnam relations are an important part of India's look east policy.

Haavarla

Not just Indo-Vietnam relations.
But also Russia-Vietnam relations, as Russia was and still is Vietnams biggest arms suppliers.
But it remains to see if Russia will show up with any fleet to support Vietnam though..

NICO

On the contrary, things are heating up in south china sea. Indo-Vietnam relations are an important part of India's look east policy.
My bad, by VZ I meant Venezuela. I don't think India would be happy to see PAKFA sold to them as Hugo Chavez seems to start to be better friends with China than Russia. I don't think India would have a big problem with Vietnam buying PAKFA, though this is probably still a VERY long time away buy for them.

Machaon

Welcome to Defence Talk. Post Deleted - one line posts are not permitted and posts should be on topic.

Please read the rules before posting again.

Last edited by a moderator: