China's New 115 DDG?

doggychow14

It clearly isn't a 054 varient. its a a 051 varient. PLAN usually builds older ships when the new ships are being fitted out for service. PLAN built Jiangwei-II's when the 054 was being trialed.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Sorry the picture wasn't working before. It should work now since I got it uploaded into gallery. It's a new FFG hull under construction in Shanghai.

Pendekar

what type of missile will be installed inside the VLS? i mean, did china already developed a missile with thrust vectoring control?

armage

Pendekar said:
what type of missile will be installed inside the VLS? i mean, did china already developed a missile with thrust vectoring control?
The HQ-9...
I don't think you need thrust vectoring to have VLS.
They can use "cold" or "hot" launches...

doggychow14

U mean in 115? in 115 its there are 2 rumors flowing around. Its a new 167. its the new 051C. If its a new 051B, then it will not have vls. If it's 051C, then it will have sa-n-6 vls.
For the 054A? its all speculation but i'm guessing the hq-16 is the reason why they have waited to build this ffg.

Last edited:

armage

I wish had a member here from Shanghai (or whatever place that ship is being built) and take a closer peek or better pictures of it from the top....

Number1azn365

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hahahah is that a good idea to get a civilian to go spy for us. He might get caught then u know what would happen :cool:. hahahha jk. Yeah i heard rumors that its the new 051C and its the updated version of the 051B. We need to just wait for better pictures to find out.

armage

They should just rent a boat and go down the river and take a couple of pictures or hire a helicopter and get it to fly over it...
Shanghai it's a big city they should offer helicopter tours...
Too bad I won't be able to go back until this summer :( and by that time all this will be solved but who knows maybe another ship will be built there ;)

Number1azn365

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe you can confirm the production of more of those 2208 FAC and get a few photos of the Yuan 094.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
look more like a hangar to me. i bet the VLS will be located in front of the bridge. there's an empty platform over there and i guess an HQ-5 can be cramp inside. how many HQ5 this ship will carry?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
look more like a hangar to me. i bet the VLS will be located in front of the bridge. there's an empty platform over there and i guess an HQ-5 can be cramp inside. how many HQ5 this ship will carry?
Awang se is correct. fantail. hangar and the VLS is fore of the bridge. It's probably a 6-7 cannister AUR.