China Stops Production of Fighter Jets Under Russian License

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
I think the possibilty that china has indigenised the J-11 and doesnt need the russians anymore is a lot more credible than the rest. Think about it. The guys have been chasin all over the globe for this aircraft during the entire 1990s and go to the length of gettin co production rights, upgrade packages and later variants and lets not forget, constantly trying to integrate its arsenal on these fighters. The WS-10, the new radar, the recently cracked source code it all makes sense to me. All they need to do now is to make their own variants and improvements but i dont think any of this is happening soon as the chinese need the rest of the russian arms unless they decide to count on the french lifting the arms embargoe:idea2

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
corsair7772 said:
the recently cracked source code it all makes sense to me.
This is another one of those urban myths that still persists. The code hasn't been broken - if they had you would see their current Su-27's geared up for ASM's - and they certainly wouldn't be looking for latter models as they could continue to build other batches with ASM capability..

It's a good story - but it's a fairy story. This recent issue of production freezes confirms that.

corsair7772 said:
unless they decide to count on the french lifting the arms embargoe:idea2
Not going to happen. Germany has just voted to continue the embargo. As Germany is the other major lead player in the EU, and as there is a considerable majority of the EU who want to maintain an embargo on China - then France cannot go against other EU members. France cannot act outside of the collective - no matter how much they may want to. Germany is also Frances only major friend in the EU at the moment, so she can't risk alienating her either.

game, set and match against Chirac.