Caucasian Powderkeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosovo=Serbia

Banned Member
I hope more shits are coming, not in Georgia, they paid their price enough,
I hope Europe states will be next, go Baski go !!!
My support to the Albanians in Macedonia and Montenegro !!!
IRA wake up !!! They must all catch the train, it is now or never !!!
I cant wait for Olympic to finish, Thailand will be toasted !!!
I promise Europe and other who did injustice to us and our "unique case"
will be in blood and shit with in next 3-5 years.
USA win again. Can Europeans be more retarded, can world be more retarded!
Stupid Sakashvili, I feel pity for you all. :lul:lul:lul

Chrom

forgot to mention - about 30% of gas reserves in middle east is in Iran another Russian sphere of influence. More importantly most of the extraction facilities expertise is in central Asia; granted the Turks recently secured a deal to develop the Iranian gas fields.
As for the idiotic suggestion regarding Brazil, I think Latin America amounts for under 10% of world reserves.
Keep in mind, Iran is in kinda Russian sphere of influence exactly because West behave much too much hostile to Iran.

As for "idiotic" Brasil suggestion... Poland and Baltic states are not US. They dont consume 40% of world natural resources. 1/10 of 10% world reservers will be more than enough for them.

Burunsuzoglu

Keep in mind, Iran is in kinda Russian sphere of influence exactly because West behave much too much hostile to Iran.

As for "idiotic" Brasil suggestion... Poland and Baltic states are not US. They dont consume 40% of world natural resources. 1/10 of 10% world reservers will be more than enough for them.
how exactly were you planing to transport it across the Atlantic, pigeon post?

Burunsuzoglu

Well looks like peace has broken out.
Had a listen to the Russian F. minister, he gives a pretty impressive performance in detailing the reason for the Russian response to Georgia's initial invasion. He makes a number of very serious accusations against the Georgians.
Unlike the semi hysterical Georgian pronouncements this is actually worth a watch.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/12/georgia.russia.war/index.html#cnnSTCVideo
I'm glad to hear his years of KGB training was put to good use in the new democratic egalitarian Russian state.

merocaine

I'm glad to hear his years of KGB training was put to good use in the new democratic egalitarian Russian state.
oooo, is that sarcasm. the lowest form of wit.

I guess you did'ent listen to it then, afraid it might mess with your preprogrammed ideological convictions. Go back to the 80's my friend.

Burunsuzoglu

I guess you did'ent listen to it then, afraid it might mess with your preprogrammed ideological convictions. Go back to the 80's my friend.
nope just reality - fact remains if Russia loose its ability to blackmail Europe/USA with what ever it demands for its gas it is bankrupt, how do you reckon those Russians billionaires paid for those multi million homes in London, I don't see anyone queuing to buy their cars????? Lets put it this way, the Central Asian states are now sitting there wondering did we make the right choice by relying on USA/NATO, and challenging Russian dominance by building a pipe line to China???? Like I said thanks to French cowardice we have just handed Moscow the ability to challenge the West with impunity.

At least in the 80's USSR didn't have the balls to pollute half of London with radiation just to take one guy out.

windscorpion

The days of cheap energy are over, i notice every time i go to the gas station. My new Fiesta is much more economic than my old Lada used to be anyway.

Still some sporadic fighting being reported but you expect that for a bit. Of course does a Russian ceasefire include Abkhazian and South Ossetian forces?

BlackAdder

Well, I lived for half of my life - until turned 20 in the USSR, so I should have different preprogrammed ideological convictions, like, USA - the last bastion of imperialism etc etc... :) And yet... Having lived in both societies I tend to concur with Burunsuzoglu - once a KGB, always a KGB.

BlackAdder

nope just reality - fact remains if Russia loose its ability to blackmail Europe/USA with what ever it demands for its gas it is bankrupt, how do you reckon those Russians billionaires paid for those multi million homes in London, I don't see anyone queuing to buy their cars????? Lets put it this way, the Central Asian states are now sitting there wondering did we make the right choice by relying on USA/NATO, and challenging Russian dominance by building a pipe line to China???? Like I said thanks to French cowardice we have just handed Moscow the ability to challenge the West with impunity.

At least in the 80's USSR didn't have the balls to pollute half of London with radiation just to take one guy out.
Well, Abramovich could always sell several FC Chelsea players and meet his wife's bills :)

BlackAdder

Well looks like peace has broken out.
Had a listen to the Russian F. minister, he gives a pretty impressive performance in detailing the reason for the Russian response to Georgia's initial invasion. He makes a number of very serious accusations against the Georgians.
Unlike the semi hysterical Georgian pronouncements this is actually worth a watch.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/12/georgia.russia.war/index.html#cnnSTCVideo
I'd like to hear in what voice you would conduct your public delivery when your country is being overrun by Russians? :rolleyes:

merocaine

I have to say I think your absolutely off your rocker.
I have been reading your posts with increasing amusement. I esp liked the bit ' if it was'ent for those pesky french'
Its a kind of a condensed Daily Mail, all bluster, half truths, and self righteous moral outrage, dressed up as some kind geo political analysis. I feel like i'm wading through bill kristols Id.

merocaine

I'd like to hear in what voice you would conduct your public delivery when your country is being overrun by Russians?
It is?
Listening to the Georgians I had the impression that they were glad there troops were being hammered, because it made them look like the victims, and that plays well in the western media.
It is like there using the war as a pretext for conducting a media campaign.
After watching the Georgian President over the last few days I'm starting to form the impression that he started this war in order to get more air time on CNN.

blablablub

Now that you mentioned the media i fund something "funny" on "Russia Today" (even tough they are not Angels when it comes to "proper" reporting, just listen to the reporter in the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWlQ_fzECl4"]video[/ame] where Schaakashvilli takes cover from the russian bombers ;) )

"American broadcaster CNN has been accused of using misleading footage in their coverage of the conflict in South Ossetia. A Russian cameraman says footage of wrecked tanks and ruined buildings, which was purported to be the town of Gori, was in fact the South Ossetian capital Tskhinvali.

Gori was said to be about to fall under the control of the Russian army but the cameraman says the video was actually shot in Tskhinvali, which had been flattened by Georgian shelling.

Aleksandr Zhukov, from the Russiya Al-Yaum channel, said: “When we arrived and news came that Gori was being shelled, I saw my footage. I said: that’s not Gori! That’s Tskhinvali. Having crawled through the length and breadth of Tskhinvali, I don’t need much to tell from which point this or that footage was recorded. I can swear in front of any tribunal. I can point at this location on the map of the town, because I and the cameraman of the Rossiya channel videotaped that.”

Well its hard to get proper news these days

Status
Not open for further replies.