best special forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclop

There is a brand new article about the Austrian "Jagdkommando". This article says: In international competitions, were Special Forces compete in "combat-close" disciplines, the Jagdkommando is always under the very best teams. Only very few SF are able to win in every category (like the Jagdkommando).
For me, that is a sign for at least a very high level.

http://www.doppeladler.com/oebh/jakdo.htm

It seams, that the main mission of the Jagdkommando is to support regular Austrian troops in Kosovo, Bosnia, at the Golan-heights and in Afghanistan. There are also some missions without participation of regular troops in "undisclosured areas".
One known mission: after bomb attacks in Austria (in the 1970s), some Jagdkommando-Soldiers have spend 20 months in middle east to transfer the conflict to the terrorists. Some arabian leaders, traditionally good friends and among the targets in Austria, helped on this mission with intelligence information.

By the way, on the same site you find an article about the Cobra, Austrias special police force. There is a cooperation between the two units for training and in fighting terrorism within Austrias borders - http://www.doppeladler.com/misc/cobra.htm

Last edited:

umir

Pakistan SSG commandoes are the best high altitude SF in the world.In Siachin and in Kargil they have been able to successfully penetrate at over 18000 ft deepintoEnemy territory.Similary,their role against Russians in Afghanistan was impressve. Infact, they were the only force after Second world war that launched attack on Soviet territory.

99Alpha

Hi all.

There is one critical factor nobody has mentioned is this debate about good or less good (Don’t believe there are any bad) SF units. That is the issue of leadership. No matter how good your troops are and how well equipped they are, if they don’t have competent junior officers and NCO’s to lead them they will never be “The Bestâ€

National pride is inclined to color ones judgment when it comes to finding the best.

pathfinder

malaysia police commandos like VAT69 and UTK(swat like) are higly capable but they manage to keep very low profile.

many domestic crimes that involved gun fight i believe were being handled by either UTK or VAT69 operators.but in news...never mention the involvement of these special force.

i believe ordinary patrol police service members not up to the task of handling the crisis because in majority of gunfights, many bad guys are gunned down with accurate shot at "sure dead" spot and the gunfight finished in matter of seconds. only pros ie commandos can perform like these.

intelligence unit plays very big role by making neat plan ,penetrating and taking long time before acting.most of the act,it like death sentence to the hardcore organized criminals because usually the commandos will shot the criminals to death in gun fights.

most of the time the special force operator wearing civilian clothes with well hidden deadly automatic pistols and support teams scattered everywhere.

it's good for the police to take aggrasive act and malaysia is fairly peace country with low rate gun fight per year due to very strict license given for personal weapons&well controlled gun smuggling.

aaaditya

umir said:
Pakistan SSG commandoes are the best high altitude SF in the world.In Siachin and in Kargil they have been able to successfully penetrate at over 18000 ft deepintoEnemy territory.Similary,their role against Russians in Afghanistan was impressve. Infact, they were the only force after Second world war that launched attack on Soviet territory.
occupying empty bases doent mean they are the best in the world,anyway they were kicked out of the kargil bases and could not fulfill their mission of cutting the ladakh region from the rest of the kashmir region nor recapture the siachen glacier from the indians (indians captured the siachen from the pakistanis in 1980's).

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Notice

Notice

I'm freezing this topic until further discussion with the other Mods to decide what we want to do with it.

It's travelling down the "my country is better than your country" path and I'm not prepared to see that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.