Aero-India 2005, Pictures

maverikky

ajay_ijn said:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52170458.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=347FB299BA24962BB83F3249D0DD6D12A9C30E9B9B114CE8

Can anybody Identify fighters in the above picture from first to last??

The first one obviously F-15.
1)F-15
2)F-15
3)UAV(cannoy say whay type)
4)Intermediate Jet Trainer
5)Cannot see clearly the red nose plane with the number 74, Guess Trainer(Iskara..Probably)
6)Kiran Trainer
7)Canberra
8)Mig 21-B
9)HJT or Hawk..
10)Mirage
11)SU-30

Last edited:

baadal

maverikky said:
1)F-15
2)F-15
3)UAV(cannoy say whay type)
4)Intermediate Jet Trainer
5)Cannot see clearly the red nose plane with the number 74, Guess Trainer
6)Kiran Trainer
7)Canberra
8)Mig 21-B
9)HJT or Hawk..
10)Mirage
11)SU-30
9th is Jagaur. I don't remember what is the 5th one, though I am pretty sure it was a trainer.

maverikky

baadal said:
9th is Jagaur. I don't remember what is the 5th one, though I am pretty sure it was a trainer.

I dont think 9 is a Jag, see the canopy. I have'nt seen a Jag with that kinda canopy with duel seats . Its a mirage Hawk or AJT ...Most probably

Swaroop

MiG-29 and F-15e to be in formation flights

hi,

the F-15e s from the USAF came late to the Aero-india show and hence were not alloted flying time .

But, the print edition of 'deccan herald' said that F-15E ( two) and some MIG-29 s will be flying in formation on monday ( that is today).

but, the newspaper didnt tell, where the formation flights will take place. .

any more news about it? Please share.

maverikky

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
maverikky said:
The reason I said its not a hawk cause, I did not see any independent pics of Jag Dual seaters being displayed in AE05. The only other plane with a similar canopy was Hawk which was being displayed...Thts the reason why I am tilting toward Hawk:D
It's a dual seater Jag.

Look at the sheer size of it, the shape and the size is a dead give away. As are the inlet ducts etc...

arjun

Banned Member
hey guy's nothing imprasive like last time aero india 2003 we nee d as we saw in aero india 2003 with so many pic and information like last time. this time is like nothing give link for pic or post more pics for all country stalls and indian stall we need more please do post if some one have more information
:confused:

Swaroop

and the print version of Deccan Herald on 14th or 15th shows 3 Su-30 with 2 F-15E in formation flight after the Aero India event.
Its a nice image. Anyone has scanner?

arjun

Banned Member
come on srirangan where r u ?
give pic and links amn u got so many kownlege about this things gibe links and pics

srirangan

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Arjun,

I try my best. I ran a blog during the duration of the event and tried to cover as much as possible. If you missed the link above, its at: http://india-defence.com

Now real life and university has caught up. I can't find enough time to update it as regularly as in the past. Anyway BR has a great event coverage website which has tonnes of info on Aero India 2005: http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/events/

And I am no expert, nor claim to be. Just a regular college student taking up journalistic projects for the future. :)