Your Favourite Video Games

nambuzle

Mine are probably, Call Of Duty: World at War, and all the CoDs. The Fable series are great, Guitar Hero 3, Halo 3 (meh...).

There are some really good games out there though but what are you faves???

Ryan UK

COD series minus WAW tanks piss me off
Battlefield 2
Battlefield bad company
Total War series
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fifa series
Motorstorm series
Midnight Club LA
Ghost Recon And Rainbow 6 series

Human Bass

Chrono Trigger
Earthbound, such an unique and delicious game.
Sonic 3 + Knuckles
Zelda Wind Waker and Majora Mask (I love the vibe of dread in Majora, and the last temple is awesome going upside down)
Super Smash Bros when it comes to fight games
F-Zero and Mario Kart, both from the 64. F-Zero to the Gamecube was beautiful,but the tracks are boring.
Castlevania series when it comes to 2d platform.

Im also really diging Super Mario Galaxy, beautiful game, the soundtrack is awesome, so are the visuals and the whole design.

SnallTrippin

Like COD4 much better than COD:WaW. I like criminal games and hopefully some good ones will be made again sometime soon. GTA4 run all right on my beast machine but should run much better. I've been playing Mount & Blade a lot recently which is a game you should check out if you like fighting in the old ...uh...horse and blade style.

Mostly I like RPGs and tactical/strategic games. REALLY looking forward to Total War: Empire and UFC 2009 at the moment.

Also hey I'm new here, etc, and shall be hanging about asking questions as I try to write a novel or five.

Tavarisch

Don´t forget Operation Flashpoint,best military simulator ever.with all the cool addons:)

Yep. Totally correct. I think OFP and ArmA comes the closest to military sims for entertainment. VBS1 and VBS2 were for military only.

It's not really the base game, it's the addons that add different Armies, Weapons and Vehicles. You could even make fictional Alien stuff with OFP and ArmA.

As for RPGs, personally I think Fallout 3 could be better. The weapon variants were just too few. Oblivion is good, but lacks modern stuff like guns. I can't believe they took out polearms from that game too. Diablo 2 is just okay, gets monotonous some times.

I think DoW 2 is going to be one of the best Strategy Games for 2009, then there's Empire: Total War too.

Freeman

Falcon 4: Allied Force - The most engaging and realistic modern combat flight simulator on the market. Flying it online is a uniquely engaging experience; sure to consume thousands of hours of your time. Many will baulk if you refer to it as a game, however.

Starcraft - The best RTS game ever made, hands down. Practically a national sport in Korea...

Goldeneye on the N64 - The first FPS I ever played multiplayer. I had a lot of fun playing it as a kid.

Any Mario prior to Gamecube - Speaks for itself.

Zelda/Link (again, prior to Gamecube) - My favorite RPG ever.

Delta Force - Great until they started dumbing it down by removing bullet drop compensation in the later games.

Super Smash Brothers - Great fun all around

I'm sure I'll think of more as I drift off to sleep, but that's it for tonight. Hello and good night.

the road runner

I like the CALL OF DUTY games they are great,(Call Of Duty 2,3,4) and i just purchased Call of Duty WORLD AT WAR,(collectors edition).Its a pretty good game,you get bayonet by Japanese playing possum,you get MG42 as standard gun(in collectors edition).You even get a FLAME THROWER,to burn people out of buildings and bushes(AWSOME).I actually liked CALL OF DUTY 2 better than world at war,but WORLD of WAR is great too i give it a 8 out of 10.

I still play CS,and i think its one of the best first person shooters ever.

Love the RED ALERT and Command and Conquor Generals strategy game,still trying to find RED ALERT 2 expansion mod that lets you build anything,usa/russia/china as one team:D It also gives you the option to purchase NAVY units,you get a cruiser of someones coast and watch em DIE a painful death:cool:

Zach Z.

How can you forget Halo?

Now I know what most of you are thinking, "Halo isn't a realistic game that is for little kids" but when it comes to actual gameplay there is none better than Halo. With its flexibility of gameplay in terms of how to accomplish the goals set forth. It's Multiplayer is a far more even playing field for experienced and new players alike, in other words you can tell a good player from a bad player unlike CoD and Battlefield where you can be a relative newcomer and still be beaten by players who are not as good because they do nothing but play video games and rank up and supercharge their weapons. But what puts Halo above them all in my opinion is Forge, where you can create your own custom maps on an epic scale and then add on by having your own custom game type. This gives rise to Machinima and there is no better Machinima than Red vs Blue which uses the Halo engine.
So in other words my favorite game is Halo Reach. Sorry for the rant, I figured someone would try and convince me differently.

Boagrius

Something a little different from yours truly; I play DCS World online as a hobby and have been teaching myself how to fly the new full fidelity F/A18C module lately. I go by the moniker "Boogieman".

Managed to kill 2 x Su27s and 1 x J11A in one flight today (all had human pilots). Really enjoyable flying the virtual Hornet to its strengths (in RAAF 75 Sqn livery no less!)...