What if: Australia invaded Saudia Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

an94abakan

Hi, I was wondering how feasible it would be for Australia to invade Saudia Arabia and take over their oil production primarily.

Given the ineffectiveness of the saudi military, the fact all critical infrastructure including military infrastructure is run mostly by foreign workers, these workers comprising around 27% of the saudia arabias population and supposing america DOESN'T fire on Australian troops. What forces would Australia need to take over the essential aspects of the country?

My uninformed opinion is that it could be done with:
- A force of 5000 and a few tanks
- Australia declaring war on SA and placing a bounty on prominent heads of government. And contracting foreign workers in the country as a security force, as well as rehiring the foreign soldiers already in the country.
- Essentially Australia invading and declaring war would be such a moral shock, that most of the foreign workers in the country including military contractors will instantly switch sides. In addition, Australia could offer very high salaries and Australian citizenship for u.s soldiers who join them.

One thing that worries me is how Australia would logistically support the invasion force for any length of time, but I'm hoping given Australias familiarity with u.s weapon systems, that they could use u.s made saudi arabian equipment already in the country. Abram tanks and infantry fighting vehicles come to mind.

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is this for real? Talking about potential conflicts in SEA for example is one thing, but this is an invasion which is ludicrous to the EXTREME!

Please focus on things which are more based in say, reality, for example. This is just bonkers

t68

As Rob said this is beyond the realm of reality,

Put it this way does Australia have the capacity to launch an invasion with its current war materiel or even future war material (LHD/AWD) and still keep a viable defence of the continental Australia, short answer NO.

We are not the US nor will we ever be, even the UK would be hard pressed to accomplish that feat and they have double or triple our resources.

Plus I don’t see the need to invade for oil Australia has enough to raw material self-sustain for about 100 years or so, now on the other hand if you wanted to talk about our own ability to refine what comes out of the ground is directly taking a big hit from the majors with them closing down production and relying on imports only. But that’s a strategic decision by government to let the majors get away with it one which is a very dangerous game IMHO.

Preceptor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thread locked. Warning issued. DefenceTalk is a serious international defence forum, as such discussion needs to be grounded in reality. This thread topic is not. Before posting again, read the forum rules and make an effort, thinking an idea through before posting again.
-Preceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.