Very Slow Browsing

meeshu

More often than not, I'm finding browsing to sub pages (specific forum topics) can take up to several minutes before pages are fully loaded! Sometimes the pages load reasonably quickly, but most of the time they take awhile. The delay seems to occur (mostly) regardless of the time of day when I browse.

I've tried different browsers (Firefox and Internet Explorer) with no apparent improvement in page loading times. There are no issues browsing other websites around the time I'm attempting to browse this site.

Perhaps this site is experiencing heavy traffic while I'm attempting to browse??

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hi Meeshu,

Is the issue only on forum pages? Not on home page or articles/pictures sections?

I am not aware of any issues with forum but I am going to look into this and see if we can improve things. It may just be your location distance to server location (Dallas, TX).

Thanks

meeshu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the prompt response!

Opening the main (home) page is usually OK. Opening specific forum (sub) pages seems to cause the delay (I hadn't tried to view pictures etc).

Right now, I've found the pages all load smartly with no delay! However, when I logged in earlier about 4 hours ago to make my first post, there were delays of a minute or two before pages fully loaded.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
If delay is intermitten then it may just be traffic but I will still check on this issue.

Thanks.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had the same issue appear when trying to upload pictures or browse the picture section. Extreme lag.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
I've had the same issue appear when trying to upload pictures or browse the picture section. Extreme lag.
You can try running a tracert to DT and see if there are any particularly large transit times on the hops.

A general rule is that if the transit times (measured in ms) for individual hops is triple digits (100+ ms) then there is a possible problem with the connection between the two servers at the most recent hops. Another possibility depending on where one is connecting from, is that there could be a very long chain of connections between whichever computer someone is using to access DT, and the DT servers.

-Cheers

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Tracert is a great tool, not just to test connectivity with DefenseTalk but with other websites as well.

Anyhow, I've made some changes so forum should feel faster and speedier.