URL tag colour. Request for change.

Supe

One of the oddities of this board is that whenever you create a URL to another site, it displays it in the same font colour as the rest of the text thus making it impossible to distinguish from the link and the content. Could an admin look into this and correct it? I can get around it by inserting a color tag but it's something that should be automatic anyway.

Examples:

RAN sub thread

And

RAN sub thread

In the context of a post, the colored hyperlink stands out and keeps the content flowing without having to insert a horrible absolute link to let readers know more information is available and to get them to click. The default style option (available profile options) does make it a little easier but not much with a light blue link vs black text.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Done. I hope this helps, please let me know if there is something else you would like improved. :)

Supe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Legend. Thanks for implementing request. :)

I quite like VBulletin forum software. Some other forums have really clunky UI and are not user friendly.

Supe

WebMaster: The changes haven't filtered through correctly on the forum. It still shows links in the same colour as ordinary text.

Example.

See this post: link

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies? I will test further color variation. :)

Supe

Ok. I use Firefox as my default browser. I cleared cache and cookies, closed browser, refreshed browser and still different colour link doesn't show. I used IE and different coloured url shows up. I'm thinking it might be some proxy issue with my ISP (caching copies of webpage) but as far as I am aware they don't use one.

IIRC there is a way to ensure a website isn't cached on an ISP's server but that's beyond the realm of my knowledge.

srirangan

Banned Member
I use the new fixed witdh theme, and the urls and texts are of different colors. Try changing your theme Supe..

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Until I figure out how to change default color of a link within a post, the links from now on will be "underlined" so that they are easily identified.