The Waron Teror and Our Own War

RonPrice

Banned Member
A NEW-OLDWAR

In my last weeks in the classroom as a full-time teacher and the first weeks of my early retirement, in what was the spring of 1999, a series of meetings finalized the organization, the leadership and the financial backing for a coordinated suicide attack that had been initially proposed to Osma Bin Laden and al-Qaeda in 1996. That attack was centred on the crashing of two airliners into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon. Five years and five months after that series of meetings, on 9 September 2001, two hijacked airliners crashed into the Twin Towers and the Towers collapsed. A War on Terrorism had begun.1

Between that spring of 1999 and the autumn of 2001: President Clinton expressed the view that “the greatest regret of his presidency was his failure to take serious action against al-Qaedi and Osama Bin Laden.” George W. Bush’s presidency had begun; I had moved to Tasmania from Western Australia in what Downunder is called a sea change; I had gone on my pilgrimage to the Baha’i World Centre and begun to receive a Disability Support Pension. In the spring of 2001 I also began a new life of publishing extensively on the internet.-Ron Price, Pioneering Over Four Epochs; and with thanks to 1Internet Sites on “The Secret History of 9/11,” SBS TV, 12:00-1:00 a.m. 11 September 2008.

When the War on Terror began(1)
I was ready for I, too, had been
part of a long and secret war for
some four decades with all the
ideal forces and confirmations
rushing to support, reinforcing
and opening doors, razing those
impregnable castles to the ground
so that I could attack the right and
left wings of the hosts wherever I
lived and had my being, so that I
could break through the lines of
the legions and carry my attack to
the very centre of earth’s powers.

But no one would ever know since
my war was like that of millions of
men and women in their private &
public lives just getting through the
day and the decades of their lives.

I had tried to be firm in life's duties;
I had tried to show fellowship & even
love, although I would not have called
it that; I had travelled north to south,
east to west, across two continents:
my spirit attracted, my resolution firm,
my magnanimity—at least some of the
time—exalted; my intention pure—well,
as far as I was able. I tried to avoid ]
controversy—as far as I was able. My
thought at peace—as far as I was able.
To each, it seems, we have engagements
with only some doors opening and some
thoughts at peace and only partly pure.

(1) some argue the war on terrorism began back in 1948 in Jerusalem in Israel with The King David Hotel bombing. It was an attack carried out by the militant right-wing Zionist underground organisation, the Irgun, As I say it was on the King David Hotel in Jerusalem on 22 July 1946. Others argue that the war on terrorism began with the collapse of the twin-towers of the World Trade Building. Thousands were killed and another eight-hundred in the Pentagon when a jet crashed into its centre. The heart of America's military and industrial complex shattered in the most savage act of terrorism in American history.

Ron Price
12 September 2008

PS I tried to correct the title: "The Waron Teror and Our Own War." But was unable to do so. It should read: "The War On Terror and Our Own War."

Last edited: