The Indian Army's tender for an upgraded APC

BskrCrew

Hi everyone. Merry Christmas in advance! With the holiday season upon us, I was doing some ‘light reading’ about APC upgrades across various armies, and stumbled upon this 2019 article about the Indian Army looking for an articulated APC to replace the incumbent.

I can’t seem to find any further developments for this procurement, think any of our local products would make the cut? Do you think there are any political undertones in relation to this tender?

Below: Indian soldiers somewhere in the mountainous terrain of the Sino-Indian Border.
Capture-5.jpg

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi everyone. Merry Christmas in advance! With the holiday season upon us, I was doing some ‘light reading’ about APC upgrades across various armies, and stumbled upon this 2019 article about the Indian Army looking for an articulated APC to replace the incumbent.

I can’t seem to find any further developments for this procurement, think any of our local products would make the cut? Do you think there are any political undertones in relation to this tender?

Below: Indian soldiers somewhere in the mountainous terrain of the Sino-Indian Border.
View attachment 48741
Welcome to the exciting and mysterious world of Indian Defence Procurement where anything can and possibly will happen - eventually. It is indeed a mystery unto itself. I don't think you can take politics out of Indian Defence Procurement.

WRT the image. Can you please provide a link to the source for it. This is in order to comply with international copyright law.

BskrCrew

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to the exciting and mysterious world of Indian Defence Procurement where anything can and possibly will happen - eventually. It is indeed a mystery unto itself. I don't think you can take politics out of Indian Defence Procurement.

WRT the image. Can you please provide a link to the source for it. This is in order to comply with international copyright law.
Yes, of course.
Image link: India Deploys Additional 50,000 Troops Along Border With China

I suppose politics will always have a role to play in Indian defence procurements, given how they're 2 immediate neighbours (Pakistan and the PRC) are rather belligerent. So if I had to guess, the Indians could be looking into land systems more than usual to try and conquer the perilous Himalayas. Hence their search for an articulated APC for quicker mobilisation of border forces to flashpoints across the mountains.