Loyal, the internal newspaper of the German Reservist Organization, has collected the current Army reform planning with some inside info into a fairly simple structure diagram:
Das Verteidigungsministerium hat eine neue Heeresstruktur gebilligt. Das sogenannte „Zielbild Einsatzkräfte Heer“ liegt der loyal-Redaktion vor. Es zeigt unter anderem die kommenden Mittleren Kräfte mit Maschinenkanonen-Boxer. Jene werden über drei Brigaden abgebildet (Details Mittlere Kräfte in...
Just scroll down a bit to the diagram. The diagram does not include reserves, these are the active troops.
They got to invent a couple new tactical symbols for this, most people should be able to figure out what they mean.
The structure portrayed basically encapsulates:
- Unifying the Army structure into an operational force structure for NATO New Force Model asap
- Realizing the "medium forces" concepts of the inspector general of the army, even if some consider them somewhat controversial.
- Keeping the overall numbers as close as possible to what we have now. Can't increase in size when you don't find recruits now already.
- Utilizing further integration with the Koninklijke Landmacht to round out the structure (not sure if they actually asked them though...).
Realization is planned in two steps :
- Modifying 10th Armoured Division to the target structure (due to fewer changes) by 2025 so that the division can then be declared ready within the contect of NATO NFM.
- In parallel restructuring 1st Armoured Division to the target structure by 2026 so that NFM assignment can then be switched over.
- There is no target date for the Rapid Forces Division. Most changes there are only somewhat cosmetic though, i.e. the troops are already there.