The ACE One combat drone

Big_Zucchini

Ukraine's situation is not good with all these vague development announcements. They need to establish core capabilities now before they introduce niche ones, and these announcements don't do them any good.

If they're state sponsored, that's going to be a waste of money when the government struggles to incorporate core items into the budget.
If they're not state sponsored, then they're either hoping for a contract that probably won't come, or some contract will come, just to prevent people from being unemployed, and then that's more money down the drain.

Ukraine needs a national defense company that will provide an umbrella for all these small engineering groups. It's good manpower, after all. And keep that structure until the situation stabilizes. After that, privatize and expand.

Also, 25 engineers working right now on a drone system? Seems like an awfully small team that will find it very hard to put out a working product unless each has multiple areas of expertise.

Sandhi Yudha

The new project has been introduced by Ukraine — the ACE One combat drone. Former president of Antonov subsidiary Alexander Los became chief designer and head of the board of directors of the developer Air Combat Evolution. ACE One is an autonomous combat drone with stealth technologies controlled by artificial intelligence. Former Ukrainian space agency chief unveils uncrewed drone ACE One | AIN.UA
"Former Ukrainian space agency chief unveils uncrewed drone ACE One"
Remarkable sentence, i mean do crewed drones even exist?

In the beginning i also thought they were talking about a target drone, so i was quite shocked when i read this:
"One ACE One will cost about $10 million". :-D

But to be honest, like in post #2, i doubt that this become a real project, ending up in mass production.

bearnard19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"Former Ukrainian space agency chief unveils uncrewed drone ACE One"
Remarkable sentence, i mean do crewed drones even exist?

In the beginning i also thought they were talking about a target drone, so i was quite shocked when i read this:
"One ACE One will cost about $10 million". :-D

But to be honest, like in post #2, i doubt that this become a real project, ending up in mass production.
Yeah, I guess this project will remain as a concept. But still, I guess it's a great achievement for Ukrainian scientists and engineers.