RAAF Aptitude Test

Appille

Hi all,

I am attending a 'You Session' for the Australian Air Force in early March and have to complete an aptitude test while there. I was just wondering if any of you have done this test and what kind of questions will appear.

Thanks

SASWanabe

Hi all,

I am attending a 'You Session' for the Australian Air Force in early March and have to complete an aptitude test while there. I was just wondering if any of you have done this test and what kind of questions will appear.

Thanks
hey mate

i did my aptitude test in October, first off. its not an airforce aptitude test, its a whole ADF aptitude test.

the questions are incredibly easy, gimmie a minute and i will try and pull out one of the sample tests they sent me.

depending on what job your looking at there is more than one aptitude test...

Edit: even better theres one online http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/content/pdf/triservice/DFT_Document_GuideToAptitudeandAbilityTesting_20090810.pdf

Appille

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
^^^

Thanks man.

I've been doing practice aptitude/I.Q tests to prepare for it - really want to get in so don't mind if I'm over-prepared.

I'm hoping to become an administrative officer (doing business at university so don't want to waste the degree).

Thanks again.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
While I'm not Australian, I've done my fair share of aptitude tests. The first when I was attempting to join the Canadian army reserve at 16. Being the lazy kid in school that I was, I did not score very well on it so alot of options weren't available to me at that time. It is important that you are well prepared in advance, but should be fairly simple for post-secondary students.

After graduating university, I also wrote several such tests while job hunting. One for the job I currently have as court sheriff, one for customs agency and two for police. They all share some similar features, but there are some difference between military and law enforcement aptitude exams. Know your high school math (algebra, fractions), english grammar and vocab, and be prepared to answer some common sense logic questions. In Canada we have something called the General Educational Development test, which is pretty much a high school equivalency exam. I found those tests as a good place to start preparation.

For law enforcement exams, memory and observation parts weight heavily towards your overall score, but I do not remember these playing a big role in my CF exam. I do remember however, that the military test had a good four pages devoted to spatial ability. You might want to consider that.

Last bit of advice: The exam questions are always alot harder than the preparation guides.