Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about becoming 1U0X1

Discussion in 'Air Force & Aviation' started by alexxxxc, Jun 13, 2018.

Share This Page

1. alexxxxc

alexxxxc New Member

Hello everyone, I am new here and this is my first post so please go easy on me if I made a newbie mistake. I recently decided to enlist into the air force and really want to become a sensor operator. I scored a 57 on the general but got a 60 in electronics. My recruiter told me I qualified even though it wasn't listed on my job options, but warned me that even though I qualify, I'm more than likely not going to get the job because it is highly competitive. When I asked him what determines who gets in or not, he didn't know the answer and told me to just take a shot but have a back up AFSC in the event that I do not book it. My question is, is it really that competitive and do I have a very miniscule chance of getting it to the point where it's pointless for me to even try? And if anyone can answer what determines the selection process, that would help a lot. Thank you.