Private messaging

Truculent

Is private messaging available on this board?I recently posted a thread about avatars and a mod mis-understood my post.I would like to send a message to him as the thread is now closed.
"This board has a selection of avatars which you can use or you can upload your own.The ones embedded are not really relevant for a defence oriented board and there are no naval ones.I was hoping that a better selection could be offered.It was not a comment upon a person's personal selection."

Grand Danois

Entertainer
Yes, PM is available, but you need to have made a minimum of 50 post in order to be able to do so. The reason is to prevent spamming, just as there is a 15 post rule on posting links.

Re avatars, you can upload any pic and use that as your avatar. I have Dr. Strangelove, f.i.. So you are not limited to the ones available in the DT gallery.

Truculent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I now have 50 posts but seem unable to pm yet.
Edit:I now have an in-box but an unable to send any mail.

Last edited:

Truculent

I now have 50+ posts yet still see this:
"Due to spam and abuse, member contact information is only available to members with more than 50 posts. Thank you for understanding."

Grand Danois

Entertainer
I don't know what is at fault, but test the following out.
  • Left click my user handle above my avatar, i.e "Grand Danois".
  • Select "Send a private message to Grand Danois".
This should take you directly to the PM function. If it doesn't work, Webs will have to take a look at it.

Truculent

It is not working.All I get is a selection of view your public profile,find more posts ,or make you my buddy.You have now become my best friend!!

Grand Danois

Entertainer
It is not working.All I get is a selection of view your public profile,find more posts ,or make you my buddy.You have now become my best friend!!
I have never worked out what "buddy" means in forum software terminology... :confused:

I have a few ideas as to why, which I will have a look at, but otherwise it is Webs who will have to take care of it. Edit: Sorry, no luck.

Locarnus

If something like that happens well before you have 50 posts and it is not some mini thread, but a rather large one (eg Pirates in Navy-forum), what to do?

Is some other way of communication in such a situation possible?

Edit: Or is there some thread, where to talk about this? That would protect a mods inbox from spam but leaves at least an option just to say something about it.