Polish Air Force

swerve

Super Moderator
Begun because discussions of it are fairly sparse yet scattered across multiple threads, & I've spotted something which doesn't fit any of those threads I can find & which I think doesn't deserve a thread of its own.

Polish officials say that they are in final discussions of a purchase of AEW aircraft from Sweden. It's reported in Aviation Week, but behind a paywall, so here's a link to a less well-known source. It gives a tweet from Polish deputy prime minister Mariusz Błaszczak.

I can see the attraction of Erieye-ER for Poland. It might be available sooner than E-7, support for the radar is just across the Baltic, & by all accounts it works well.

Poland is negotiating the purchase of SAAB GlobalEye Airborne Early Warning and Control system

"Deputy Prime Minister @mblaszczak : I wanted to say publicly for the first time that we are very advanced in obtaining early warning aircraft from Sweden. We are already conducting detailed negotiations. I hope they will be successful in a short time. "

Sandhi Yudha

Once again Poland has some wild plans for enormous defence equipment acquisitions. One package of 232 AIM-9X Sidewinder Block II Tactical Missiles and 16 AIM-9X Sidewinder Block II Tactical Missile Guidance Units for an estimated total cost of $219,1 million, a second package of 745 AIM-120C-8 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM), up to 16 AIM-120C-8 AMRAAM guidance sections, and 50 LAU-129 Guided Missile Launchers for an estimated total cost of $1,69 billion, and the third package of up to 821 AGM-158B-2 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missiles with Extended Range (JASSM-ER) All-Up-Rounds for an estimated total cost of $1,77 billion.

But until now these three packages are just approved by the US State Department.