New Iranian Weapon announced

My2Cents

Iran has announced a new weapons system, an anti-armor missile.
PressTV - Iran equipped with new anti-armor missiles: Cmdr.
View attachment 5981
So I guess its time to play name that Photoshop again.

Now the first thing that struck me as odd was the massive launch signature, which is something you definitely don't want in this type of weapon. Then there is the missile, which appears to be quite large and inappropriately shaped. So I went looking and found this image of the Noor antiship missile being launched.
An Iranian Noor Missile Is Launched During War Games On.
To convert the image of the Noor to the new photo, just add some exhaust clouds hide the truck body. Note the lower edge of the protective cover for the windscreen on the truck and the radar head that appear above the smoke.

Comments?

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Caption in the article simply states: "This file photo shows an indigenous Iranian missile", so they may not be claiming this is a picture of the new missile. It might be that pictures of a Noor launch were all they had available and wanted to include something relevant, even vaguely so. Don't know if it's a photoshop or simply poor photo selection.

PCShogun

I saw the image of the missile and was thinking, Damn, that's a big missile to take out a tank with. Am I really supposed to believe they need a 20 foot long missile to take out a tank with?

I agree with the above. They needed a photo of a missile launch and simply reached into a bag of stock photos and found this one.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it could be another Iranian "weapon". But it's probably referencing their supposed Kornet clone, that they unveiled a little while ago.