New Advanced F16s For Israel

favad

F-16i the most advanced type of f-16 now and Israel have now more then 350 F-16 in its inventory guys this is a worrying news for alll muslims .

Oqaab

F-16I isnt the most capable version of F-15. The UAE variant is the most advanced F-16 sreving today. Its range is 4,505 kms.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Oqaab are you sure about that?? Do the UAE F-16s have CFTs (conformal fuel tanks) if yes then I think their range must be equal to those of the F-16I.
Here's a cockpit shot of the F-16I.

Oqaab

Yes I m. Here is the picture of its cockpit.

Another picture of UAE F-16

ALso read this,

F-16 Block 60
The F-16 Block 60, also known as the Desert Falcon (and F-16E/F in some circles), is the most advanced F-16 ever produced. An internal, forward-looking infrared navigation sensor mounted as a ball turret on the upper left nose distinguishes the Block 60 from previous F-16s. Other distinguishing external characteristics include a targeting pod with faceted windows, no pitot tube, strip lighting on the wings and vertical tail, an air scoop on the forward right tail root, a small exhaust on the forward left tail root, and two other exhaust ports—one on either side of the lower rear portion of the engine inlet. Both single- and two-seat aircraft carry the conformal fuel tanks.

MORE HERE

:)

umair

Peace Enforcer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man! what a beaut! I'd give anything to see the "Desert Falcon" serve with the PAF but wishful thinking :roll

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
The F-16 Block 60 is a truly formidable machine. Nice post Oqaab and thanks for the info.

BTW why did Israel order F-16s instead of F-15s????
With the addition of CFTs and newere avionics the F-16 can now do all the tasks of the F-15 and has the same range. So does that mean that the F-15 is redundant???

Oqaab

shamayel said:
The F-16 Block 60 is a truly formidable machine. Nice post Oqaab and thanks for the info.

BTW why did Israel order F-16s instead of F-15s????
With the addition of CFTs and newere avionics the F-16 can now do all the tasks of the F-15 and has the same range. So does that mean that the F-15 is redundant???
Thanx

Well, F-16 and F-15s have different missions. The Lavi project failed and hence the aquired F-16I.

Mujahid

now what do the palestiniens have? a newer version of rocks? imported from china? healthier kids to fight tanks with these new rocks? :?

I think muslim countries should wake up from their darn sleep.

Wasalam,

Mujahid

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Now thats a beauty...pity uncle Sam has it... But hey guyz cheer up! MAybe the J-10 wudnt be soo bad. And we can alwayz go down on out kness and beg the ruissians 4 their Su35 or Mig 35 when they come

umair

Peace Enforcer
Guys,I was just studying the specs of the block60 & f16I.It's the same old Isreali practice of buying an aircraft & asking the manufacturers to make some modifications & after delivery making some more themselves( note the deeper dorsal spine of the I, same as other Israeli f16s)This deeper spine has always allowed IAF to put more advanced avionics in their airframes as compared to the basic models.Also the block60 will be equipped with the LANTIRN system whereas the F16I & block60s to be aquired by the USAF are going to be equipped with the new SNIPER targeting system.The gist: basically the block60 & the I are the same aircraft, but trust ELTA Electronics to make the I into the most advanced f16 on the face of the planet. :smokingc:

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
But then y all the gaggle when israel gets an aircraft thats good but not that good. I mean isnt the Gripen supposed 2 be comparable 2 an F-16? I say the F-16I is just flashy but nuthin special

Oqaab

umair said:
Guys,I was just studying the specs of the block60 & f16I.It's the same old Isreali practice of buying an aircraft & asking the manufacturers to make some modifications & after delivery making some more themselves( note the deeper dorsal spine of the I, same as other Israeli f16s)This deeper spine has always allowed IAF to put more advanced avionics in their airframes as compared to the basic models.Also the block60 will be equipped with the LANTIRN system whereas the F16I & block60s to be aquired by the USAF are going to be equipped with the new SNIPER targeting system.The gist: basically the block60 & the I are the same aircraft, but trust ELTA Electronics to make the I into the most advanced f16 on the face of the planet. :smokingc:
No, the UAE Desert Falcons are more capable then F-16I. F-16I was an upgraded version of F-16 block 50/52 and Desert Falcon was an upgraded version of F-16 block 60. Not to mention, desert falcon will be replacing the dash 9 and I think u know how much capable is dash 9.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Oqaab said:
umair said:
No, the UAE Desert Falcons are more capable then F-16I. F-16I was an upgraded version of F-16 block 50/52 and Desert Falcon was an upgraded version of F-16 block 60. Not to mention, desert falcon will be replacing the dash 9 and I think u know how much capable is dash 9.
U'r correct buddy, my mistake.But there is talk on IAF forums of fitting the I with local advanced avionics making it comparable 2 the 60. :?