Modern Armor

A collection of scratch built models I have done before taking a break from modeling:

--------------------------------
A 'What if' build:

-------------------------------

SlyDog

As a layman I have non or very little knowledge about these vehicles /platforms, but I really like the details you have added to the models. Looks really good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, I should have added the name. So here goes as they are posted:

1. M1134 Stryker
2. M1129 mortar Stryker
3. The AN/TPS -75s Mobile unit - Prototype build (what if build)
4. M923 gun truck tracktor
5. MK-v LVS tractor
6. M977 Gun truck
7. EPP M977 conversion

Wow, very nice models. You said they were scratch built?
I forgot to add that some are 50%, 70% and 90% scratch built. I used Italeri base models and did heavy conversion as well as lot's and lot's of scratch building.

Here are more:

The patriot launcher is 99% scratch built

------------------

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. :)

Here're a couple more:

----------------------------------------------

These were much older models than the rest. I scrapped them:

THAAD:

Volcano Mine Dispenser:

M58 Smoke generator:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I call this model/vignette - Photo Realism. I scratchbuilt the pine trees and the radar:

Last edited:

dragonfire

Let me be the first one to say tht these are so :cool: and tht i am :) at your ingenuity and attention to detail and tht if i could i would :grab them so you will have to protect them by :ar15 and :gun and call the :cop neverthless you can :dance2 :dance beacuse of your :idea2 so go ahead and blush buddy :rosie beacuse this stuff deserves all the :cheers it can get

Tavarisch

The sign that says "Welcome in Iraq" with the HMMWV with Mk19 kind of sounds awkward. Shouldn't it be Welcome TO Iraq?

Nevertheless, these models are excellent. You should probably make some war scenes with these.

The sign that says "Welcome in Iraq" with the HMMWV with Mk19 kind of sounds awkward. Shouldn't it be Welcome TO Iraq?

Nevertheless, these models are excellent. You should probably make some war scenes with these.
Tavarisch, That is the direct translation of it from Arabic. That is how they write it. So I'm told.

Driller I used Nato green from Tamiya. I paint all my models with a rattle can.

Driller

Another quick question what is the standard green color for the US army these days? Oilve Green, Olive Drab still?