Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miramar and Nellis/Aviation Nation Air Show Galleries

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Scott, Dec 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Scott

Scott Senior Rookie

Mar 20, 2007
    Central Highlands, Arizona, United States
    I have started posting to these 2 new galleries. Links

Both of these shows are routinely great air shows. Miramar includes the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) exercise; F-35B, MV-22 and AV-8B demos and the Blue Angels.

Aviation Nation includes the Air Defense & CSAR Simulation exercise, F-22A demo, Heritage Flight, Texas Flying Legends warbirds and the Thunderbirds.

Nellis added some new twists this year that I particularly enjoyed. F-35A's replaced F-15E's in the Air Defense & CSAR Simulation exercise and that was one of the highlights of the show. In the spirit of inter-service cooperation, an air force pilot and a marine pilot flew the two alpha models in the exercise. An Mi-24P Hind-F operated by the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Center, has been a static display for several years, but this year it also flew in the exercise. Static displays also included a U-2 Dragon Lady and AC-130W Stinger II. The latter was a crowd favorite and I was unable to get a shot without numerous people in the photo.

I will be posting more photos to each of these galleries in the coming weeks.