Laser Rangefinder

Dreamc

Hi.

I have a eye safe laser rangefinder module made by l-3 technologies that is meant to reach as far as 20km that was built inside a very high end and expensive camera.

I am just wondering if there is anyone here that has experience with these and could help me use it as a stand alone product..

The spec sheet mentions it works with rs232 comms but there is no literature/software for it so is a shot in the dark :)

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers

Marco

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Hi.

I have a eye safe laser rangefinder module made by l-3 technologies that is meant to reach as far as 20km that was built inside a very high end and expensive camera.

I am just wondering if there is anyone here that has experience with these and could help me use it as a stand alone product..

The spec sheet mentions it works with rs232 comms but there is no literature/software for it so is a shot in the dark :)

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers

Marco
To be honest mate, you are not going to get anyone on here that will help you modify any type of laser, let along a rangefinder that you claim has a working distance of 20k's !

Dreamc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be honest mate, you are not going to get anyone on here that will help you modify any type of laser, let along a rangefinder that you claim has a working distance of 20k's !
Yes, I suppose so, but if you don;t ask you don’t get.

I don;t have any real need for it, but would be awesome to make it work.. I don’t want to modify it.. just switch it on as it is and name it work just no idea of how to lol..

Anyway.. maybe I get lucky and someone comes along and knows what I am on about.. :)

Thanks for your time anyways :)