Korea's T-50 Golden Eagle - damn so nice looking!

The Watcher

Theres news that Korea started production of its T-50 Golden Eagle. It looks like golden Eagle too, just so nice looking maybe because it resembles F-16 a some ways.

I uploaded some article scans on the jet in the GALLERY-scanned articles section:

KAI T-50 Golden Eagle

Crew: Two
-------------------------------
Dimensions: Length 42 ft 7 in (12.98 m); Height 15 ft 8.25 in (4.78 m); Wing Span 30 ft 1 in (9.17 m); Wing Area TBA sq ft (TBA sq m)
Engines: One General Electric F404-GE-402 turbofan rated at 11,925 lb st dry (53.07 kN) and 17,775 lb st (79.1 kN) with reheat
Weights: Empty Equipped 14,200 lb (6,441 kg); Maximum Take-off 26,400 lb (11,975 kg)
Armament: (A-50 only) 20-mm M61A1 Vulcan cannon in port LERX with 208 rounds, wingtip launch rails for AIM-9 Sidewinder or similar missiles, four underwing hardpoints and one under-fuselage centre-line pylon.
Performance: Maximum level speed 'clean' Mach 1.4; Maximum rate of climb at sea level 27,000 ft/min (8225 m/min); Service ceiling 48,000 ft (14,630 m); Range with full fuel 1,000 nm (1,150 mls, 1,850 km)

More scans:

One more scan in the gallery, plus another one coming that shows it going under tough testing.

The news about Korea starting its production can be found HERE

:)

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Cool article Watcher. Thanks for uploading it. But man its weird that nobody makes decent aircraft engines except a handful of companies in the world. I think they can be counted on your fingertips. So everyone ends up either using American or Russian engines.

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Hey dudes!!
its good but not that good!
how about those MIG and Sukhoi trainers Russia has and the K-8 we have?

ullu

Israelis are considering buy this jet... must be good thats why they are thinking about it! It does have that f16 look!

eagle

Well, it is only a trainer, and Isrealis capable of building real Lavi fighters so I don't see why Isreal wants to buy it.

The Watcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
eagle said:
Well, it is only a trainer, and Isrealis capable of building real Lavi fighters so I don't see why Isreal wants to buy it.
Israel discountinued that project... I hope i'm not wrong. :D

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Maybe they want 2 get their hands on some cool avionic or engine part it has...

i mean the israelis scrapped the lavi. And the dont sell aircraft anymore, they only upgrade them 4 other countries besides the recent phalcon deal

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
yea but the F-16 hasnt got everything, it has 2 be something fishy....
how about this:
South Koreas probably got some enemy whose a friend of israel so israel's just takin th trainer and send it over to its buddy 4 evaluation?
OR
South korea's trainer got some avoinic that israel wants but cant get and so its gettin the jet?

Hey man! its a good trainer and a beautifull aircraft! Why all the suspicion?

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Maybe the t-50s got a good engine israel wants 2 copy or it doesnt want 2 bother with all the RandD and all that long work and expenditure 4 its own aircraft so it just indigenizing other aircraft like it did 2 the F-16s

The Watcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, Israel can get the latest greatest avionics from the company that made this trainer. LockHeed Martin... so why buy it from SK, when there is a possibility to get it as AID package? :p