Hello! I Have a Question

stevenyeadon

Hello, I'm new here. I'm an independent scholar specializing in military operations. My name is Steven A. Yeadon.

I do have a question. How rare is it to be a civilian scholar of joint military operations? I wanted to be a military officer, but I am prevented due to disability. I really feel almost one of a kind.

I have been published in Marine Corps University Journal on amphibious operations. In Fires Bulletin on near-peer field artillery and how it shapes the battlefield. I have accepted works to be published with Infantry Magazine on powered exoskeletons and Army Aviation Digest on air assaults in the era of Future Vertical Lift. I have works under review by Armor Magazine on a new tactic for armored brigade combat teams and the Journal of Advanced Military Studies on amphibious operations.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
G'day Steven, welcome to the forum. I don't think it's that rare, but I would think that the academics who would be active in the field, would cover a wider range of topics within the discipline. You should be able to find these through a literature search and checking the authors. Also check institutions outside of the US, in the UK, Europe, Canada Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and Japan.

Hope this helps.