Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day from Aus!

Discussion in 'Intros & Off Topic' started by jackhammer, Jun 3, 2018.

Share This Page

1. jackhammer

jackhammer New Member

Hey guys, I'm really keen to get involved in the forums, didn't realise this was a thing till now! I'm a military enthusiast and really into history, I wanted to create a topic to mark my first post on the forums. I plan to apply to the Australian Army as Infantry later in the year. Right now I've just been working on fitness and been reading a lot while focusing on studies.

I guess that's my intro, cheers for reading :)

2. t68

t68 Well-Known Member

hi mate welcome to the forums,

Good for you for having a go, but my advice do something that you can transfer to civi life after the adventure. not 100% sure what's the go with joining infantry at the moment, but the last I heard unless you are of the fair sex I'm not sure if they are accepting any applications for the other human species at the moment ;);)

3. jackhammer

jackhammer New Member

Yeah mate I understand that transferring into civi life will be hard with Infantry but It'll give me experiences and skills that I won't be able to find anywhere else :)
    Infantry is finally open again and is recruiting blokes which is great.

Cheers man

4. britjames

britjames New Member

Welcome, mate. Hope all your plans are successful. Cheers. :)