Forum rule #6

bullpup-aust

(sorry if this has been suggested before)

6. Do not put more than 8 smilies/emoticons in your posts. If you do, your posts will be edited.
I suggest rewording this to excessive (or a word with similar meaning) smilies/emoticons instead of 8. A long post could easily have 8 smileys without being excessive.

:)

Supe

I agree with the current policy. No post needs that many emoticons. Overuse of emoticons leaves the post looking like a kindergarten kid had a play with it.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Supe said:
I agree with the current policy. No post needs that many emoticons. Overuse of emoticons leaves the post looking like a kindergarten kid had a play with it.
I'm with you on this Supe. Excessive icons makes the forum look too amateurish and deters serious posters from staying.

We've travelled this road before, the beauty of banning multiple emoticons is that we ended up with better quality posters. The kids and trolls inclined to do it just gave up and left in the end.

It's also why we're tough on one-liners etc... we're determined to lift the standards and quality of traffic in here.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Smileys what for? At best the most I see in posts are 2 and that's enough. Gf's right, I mean older members would remember the likes of Jatt2000 and mki.Their posts would have just 2 words and 20 smileys. Limiting the no of smileys not only gives this place a more serious look but also has the secondary effect of saving bandwidth.I've seen many forums go kaput for a week just cause of their members posting a huge amount of smileys.