forum help

suryaaa

web i would like to start my picture gallery ,but i dont know how to do it & the picture uploading rules .

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Once you start uploading pictures in various categories, your section will automatically get populated in the "members Galleries" section at the bottom of the category list on main page of the gallery.

-Give proper credit to the pictures in its description.
-no url or links on the pictures
-MUST have a proper title

a picture of F-16 may have a title like "F-16" but even better title is F-16 - US Air Force (USAF) or whatever air force it is and same for other types of equipment. More information is important in the title

-Give proper description, it is okay if you don't know.

suryaaa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
web i saw a picture of iaf's mca project in def galery named mca2 can you please give me alink to the site which provided this pic.

Big-E

Banned Member
Now that DT is running faster, would it be possible to cut the Search limit from 45 to fewer seconds. It isn't necessary now is it? I was thinking 20-25.

Grand Danois

Entertainer
WebMaster said:
Well, sure. 30 seconds sounds like a good round and healthy number. :D
Excellent! I am apparently not the only one that is happy with the

"You have xx unread posts"

function.

Appreciated.

Defcol

Verified Defense Pro
Hi Webmaster,

I cannot seem to access Members' List. Cld you advise, pl? Thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Due to spam concerns and misuse of the member list in the past, we have it disabled for new members. You have to be here long enough in order to get access to the member list.

Same goes with Personal Messenger, you cannot use it until you have 50 or more posts. All restrictions are in place to control spam and not to trouble the members who wish to be part of the site.

May I ask why you need access to the member list?:nono

suryaaa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
web can you introduce a system which will help the user to go through the threads to which he has posted by just clicking a a link by this way we may not have to search the whole forum and it will ceartainly help those who where not able to post in that thread for a long time.

Big-E

Banned Member
suryaaa said:
web can you introduce a system which will help the user to go through the threads to which he has posted by just clicking a a link by this way we may not have to search the whole forum and it will ceartainly help those who where not able to post in that thread for a long time.
You already have this under user cp in your subscribed threads.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
rattmuff said:
How does the image approval work? Is it done by an admin or a computer?
It is done by Admin. I know you've uploaded some pictures, thank you. Your pictures will be approved soon and if there is a delay, it means the missing categories will be created and pictures will be moved there.

There are certain folks who do not need approval from the admin and they can directly upload... they also moderator their country's gallery and make necessary changes if there is a need.

If you have any other questions/concerns, please let me know.

Enjoy!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
No Restrictions. What type of file were you trying to attach and what size?

What you can upload and what size limit, everything is listed in the attachment box.

Defcol

Verified Defense Pro
Apologies for the late reply....
As to why I wanted to access members' list - was surfing the site and saw I cld not access it - no particular reason except curiosity - and hoping it wld not do what it did to the cat.