F14 Tomcat - nostalgic

Hunting on YouTube for something unrelated and came across this great footage of the F14 Tomcat’s last hurrah....some funny clips in there by the aircrew.

I know I’m not the only one,but growing up with an interest in aviation, this aircraft was just a beautiful thing to behold, great lines to her - especially the nose and cockpit portion of the airframe.

It was interesting that she went from a pure air to air role (and long range Bear deterrent with the AWG radar / AIM-54 Phoenix combi) to being set up for the air to ground role at the end of her career. As shown in the footage, Paveway bombs, laser designator pod underwing and the ROVER link to ground forces. The F14 became an acceptable ordinance platform for A2G....

Feeling nostalgic so I thought I’d post this link for anyone else that thought the F14 was the cats meow...

Enjoy.....

Last edited:

Redlands18

Hunting on YouTube for something unrelated and came across this great footage of the F14 Tomcat’s last hurrah....some funny clips in there by the aircrew.

I know I’m not the only one,but growing up with an interest in aviation, this aircraft was just a beautiful thing to behold, great lines to her - especially the nose and cockpit portion of the airframe.

Feeling nostalgic so I thought I’d post this link for anyone else that thought the F14 was the cats meow...

Enjoy.....

Tom Cruise:cool: flying a Shornet in Top Gun 2 just wont be the same.