Disqualifying Medical Conditions

Leaps89

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I cannot find a definitive answer on this.

I am looking to join the US Army as an officer. Female in late 20s, no criminal record, etc. College degree and two masters, speaks two foreign languages. Scoring 300+ in the PT, actually close to men's minimum.

My only issue is that about 10 years ago I had a breast reduction and liposuction. These were both cosmetic surgeries. I know breast reduction is waiverable. Liposuction, not so sure. Before you say it, I looked at the weight loss surgery standards. It is not listed and from literature I know it's not a weight loss surgery. Nor did I get it for that purpose. Suffice to say, neither surgery impacts me physically in any way (see PT scores).

I know I have to get a waiver, but is it totally disqualifying, or is it waiverable? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
Hello all,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I cannot find a definitive answer on this.

I am looking to join the US Army as an officer. Female in late 20s, no criminal record, etc. College degree and two masters, speaks two foreign languages. Scoring 300+ in the PT, actually close to men's minimum.

My only issue is that about 10 years ago I had a breast reduction and liposuction. These were both cosmetic surgeries. I know breast reduction is waiverable. Liposuction, not so sure. Before you say it, I looked at the weight loss surgery standards. It is not listed and from literature I know it's not a weight loss surgery. Nor did I get it for that purpose. Suffice to say, neither surgery impacts me physically in any way (see PT scores).

I know I have to get a waiver, but is it totally disqualifying, or is it waiverable? Anyone know?

Thanks!
Honestly, the best and perhaps only way to get an answer that is correct would be to talk to a recruiter, as they should either know what requires a waiver, what cannot be waived, and what is not considered relevant in terms of medical history, or if they do not know that information, should know who or where to get it.