Did Pakistan design & built JF-17 Thunder

jastreb

Hi boys this is my first time writing anything for this forum and.....
I JUST WANT to verify if Pakistani engineers really design and built frame of this speacial kind of plan or this plan is completly Made in China ?...

please sincere answers, :help

THANKING IN ADVANCE ! :dance3

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Well Pakistan provided 50% of the cost.

Pakistan did have input in the designing of the plane, with engineers from Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra taking part in the design and development phase.
While the actual aircraft is completely built in China since Pakistan lacks the industrial backbone to manufacture a complete advanced airplane at this stage.

Oqaab

The aircraft is completely made in China and it also shares Russian technology.

Pakistan will be manufacturing this aircraft in future(some components will be imported) and it is expected that the profit of the sales of JF-17 will be shared by Pakistan and China. I wish Pakistan spends that money on research and development since R&D needs a lot of money and talent.

The Watcher

Pakistan needs university based R&D-thats where the talent is and it will give the students and potential talent holders exposure to better stuff for their experiments!

umair

Peace Enforcer
The Watcher said:
Pakistan needs university based R&D-thats where the talent is and it will give the students and potential talent holders e
exposure to better stuff for their experiments!

Agreed upon bro! The science&Tech ministery has already started a project in this regard with UET, P.U,G.I.K & NUST being the first varsities to get substantial public reasearch funding from this fiscal year onwards.
Regards Jastreb's ? Pakistan has a50% stake in all the R&D, flight testing construction & total project costs.In fact a team of PAF engineers was sent to Chengdu to help in the design & construction of the 1 st prototype. A friend's maternal uncle along with two other pilots has gone there for the flight testings[ accordin to him it was his uncle @ the controls in the first flight :roll ] & the third or fourth prototype is slated for construction @ PAC Kamra :smokingc:

Is your friend's uncle, *************************************************************? Tch Tch. toba toba!

[Mod Edit: Pretty funny Farooq ...LOL...but since it constitutes a direct personal attack so i am editing it to prevent a flame war.]

umair

Peace Enforcer
I can't help it if my friend likes to shoot off his mouth :(
But his uncle realy is a test pilot and Ihave met him acouple of times so its the truth that he is in China (my own uncle inPAF has confirmed this).

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Well come to think of it....it may not be entirely impossible. Since there have been two test flights (of which we know of). But only one "official" test flight. The first test flight was done while the words "Super-7" were written on the tail of the plane on one side.
The official flight was done by having the words JF-17 painted over the place where the Super-7 was written before. I am 100% sure PAF pilots have tested the aircraft.

Londo Molari

Pakistan was involved in capability specifications, as well as limited design specifications. And 50% of the cost.

Basically they said "we want it to do this... can it do this? yes? great! heres the money".