Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counterinsurgency in Iraq

Discussion in 'Strategy & Tactics' started by Simon Berry, May 4, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Simon Berry

Simon Berry New Member

HI,

My name is Simon and i'm currently writing a paper on US counterinsurgency doctrine in Iraq for a module of my MA. I'm looking to analyse the new elements that Petraeus introduced and their effectiveness through talking to experts/participants.

Would anyone on here be willing to answer some short questions (4 requiring just short answers) for me that I could then use? Would love to get the views of individuals that were involved and you would help me write a good piece on a topic I find fascinating!

Thank you

2. Blackshoe

Blackshoe Defense Professional Verified Defense Pro

You're asking random people on a website as experts/participants for an Master's level course? That's an interesting approach.

Interestingly, expect for one guy (Gremlin29, I think?), I don't know that there's actually people here who went to IRQ (I was in AFG at same time as P4, but my contribution to the war was printing out powerpoints that mostly were not even read, and monitoring the daily operations of non-operational command)

John Fedup likes this.