Connectivity Issues with the website

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello Folks,

First of all, please accept my apologies in regards to recent connectivity problems with DefenceTalk.com and other sites (SDF, etc.).

Due to load (assumption) early Friday morning we ran into certain OS/Software problems with the server which meant the server had to be rebuilt. After fixing software issues we started experiencing hardware problems with the server and it had to be replaced.

The reason we were down for so long is the amount of data. It had to be moved somewhere safe for the server to be rebuilt. The backup and restore took most of the time but everything has been restored and sites should be running normally now.

Since March 2003, this was the first major time that defencetalk.com was down for more than 3 days... sorry about that.

Thanks for understanding and enjoy!

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
The worse thing was not knowing what the issue was. It was reassuring to 'talk' with a few other members (via email or on other forums) and find out that all were 'in the same boat.'

You don't realise how much you miss something until it isn't there. Anyway, good to have you back DT! :cool:

Tas

metro

Are you guys getting new post reply notifications?
Great you're back up and running!
I thought it was my computer since my ISP went down around the same time and had to reconfigure my computer settings.

I haven't received any e-mail notifications, yet. If you want to reply as a "test," I'll let you know!

cheers

metro

Yes, the email notifications are coming through. Good work to your team in getting the site up an running again.
huh... that's strange. When I look at subscribed threads, I see someone new has posted there.
But, I'm not getting the "Instant Notification" in my e-mail, that "X" has just replied (I do "my profile" set to receive the notifications)?:confused:
e.g. no e-mail notification that "Investigator" replied.

metro

Yet your response led to a new notification email coming to my inbox. Maybe i'm just really special (and not short bus special:) ).
Well, that reply worked:D
I guess I'm the one with a IQ challenged "inbox." I opened a "Smart Folder" and your second reply came through.:cheers