Confusion!

mysterious

Lets see now, I've been wondering what use do General Issues and General Picture Gallery forums fulfill on DT when we have room for similar discussions at GTN?

Recently Webbie, you closed down the religion thread and asked the members to continue at GTN, so why not just transfer the material to GTN Webs? In this way, DT can be kept strictly defence related and all other stuff becomes GTN related. What do you think? :coffee

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Yea, that is in the pipeline soo expect those forums to be closed very soon.

I hate the idea of making people login to two websites but it has to be done to keep content strictly what it is meant to be for both websites. Please know that sometime in future we will have full integration of the website so you don't "have" to login twice or register twice... but for now that mechanism is not in place. Sorry.

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, is work being done on making the two websites understand the member to be the same as on the other one? 'Cuz like, take me for example, at GTN I started from scratch, Private - 0 posts. When will DT and GTN be able to share this type of data?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
You won't share that type of data. Only data that will be shared is that you won't have to log in twice... thats about it. It doesn't make sense to have member who posted on DT with 2000 posts to have same for GTN, where he never posted. These are two different databases, for two different (maybe) types of people who are interested in different types of content and I don't think mixing it up is a good idea. ;) If we were to "mix it up" or "share such data" why invest in a separate website?