Colors: which one

elkaboingo

i am painting some model soldiers (1/72) but i dont know which color. these troops are soviet era paratroopers and ive tried every color and mix i know. ive tried flat green, olive drab and flat green, green, and just about everything and they just dont look 'right' :mad

this is just for the uniform i have the guns and satchels painted. and these are enamels, not anything else.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Why dont you try light brown? :D Are you using some computer software to do this or by hand?

elkaboingo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
in case anyones wondering why im painting these troops, its because i have a good t-80 b soviet mbt. i could make a diorama (no one will notice that the tank SHOULD be a t-72 :D )

elkaboingo

WebMaster said:
Why dont you try light brown? :D Are you using some computer software to do this or by hand?
theyre real soldiers, like models, i lost the box about 5 years ago :D , but i remember the camo was some sort of greenish thing and their berets were blue. :?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Have you tried getting sample paint tins from car dealers or car accessory shops (not sure what you have assess to). The paint charts they have might be able to give you a different range of "mixes"

elkaboingo

ill keep that in mind as it will give me new colors to look at and.

i found this pic, its not from the soviet era, but it might work.

this is what the actual models look like

ill try and take some pics when theyre done. [/img]

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Well, they look great. Could have used better picture quality. :)

These still need to be repainted:

elkaboingo

camera doesnt have any better quality :D . i uploaded 2 more but they havent been aproved yet. they are a normal soldier and a machine gunner. both have been repainted.

elkaboingo

yuck! here are the pics of the troops when i was trying to decide which color. you can easily see the cause of my frustration :D :roll .

here is a machine gunner with the final camoflauge that i will paint. through the bad pic quality, you can see some splotches of flat green mixed with white, and white. its supposed to model the real pic in the post somewhere above.

another soldier in the mixed camo :smokingc: .