Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty Drone and Bomb

Discussion in 'Missiles & WMDs' started by Napoleon72, Jan 17, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Napoleon72

Napoleon72 New Member

( at 2.17)

Hello Guys , IDK if it’s the good place to post this but in the last call of duty Mission there is a drone and he dropped a bomb and I would Like to know if you could help me to Identify The drone and the bomb?
    The drone and thé bomb appeared at 2.17 min
    In My opinion It’s a reaper and it dropped A GBU 12 but my friend is a little bit uncertain so could you help us ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    WebMaster likes this.
  2. WebMaster

WebMaster Administrator Staff Member

Hello, It would be helpful if you could add at which time stamp does the video show the drone and the bomb?

Napoleon72 likes this.
  3. StobieWan

StobieWan Super Moderator Staff Member

It's at time stamp 2:17 -- the UAV looks like an MQ-9 but the fins for the weapon are a little off for a GBU12 - it *looks* roughly right for a 12 so maybe they didn't quite model some of the proportions correctly or I'm just looking at it wrong.

Napoleon72 likes this.
  4. Napoleon72

Napoleon72 New Member

Thank You so Much, have a nice day

5. SABRE

SABRE Super Moderator Verified Defense Pro

If I too am not looking at it wrongly, both the UAV and the bomb do not appear to be modelled proportionally to MQ-9 and GBU-12, respectively. This could be deliberate if they did not acquire the rights.

6. StobieWan

StobieWan Super Moderator Staff Member

That's what I was thinking - either they didn't spend quite as much time in rendering or modelling or wanted to be a little bit off deliberately - it's close enough for your brain to fill in the blanks and nod along, which would be fine for an explicatory cut-scene. The GBU looks a bit big in relation to the UAV now I look over it again but overall, it looks close enough and both bits of kit would be logical choices for the situation.