Welcome to DefenceTalk.com Forum!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye bye

Discussion in 'Site Updates & Announcements' started by AlfaSigma, Feb 20, 2012.

Share This Page

1. AlfaSigma

AlfaSigma New Member

For unexplicable reasons you are censoring all my posts.
    Under those conditions there is no point for me to contribute to this forum. Therefore I ask you to delete my account.
    Thank you.

2. RobWilliams

RobWilliams Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderators don't censor or delete posts without a good reason which they state clearly on the post or give reason for deletion.

Any idea of the reasons being 'unexplicable' are down to your lack of thoroughness when looking at the changes, not the moderators.

3. Bonza

Bonza Super Moderator Staff Member

Alfa, I have looked through your posting history and it looks like your posts were appearing in an "unapproved" state, which is not expected behaviour and is in line with a bug I've been noticing over the last few weeks.

I've approved these posts, let me know if this continues to happen and I'll look into it further. In the meantime feel free to continue posting, hopefully this problem will not happen again now I've approved those posts that weren't appearing.

No one in the mod team has been censoring your posts. There has been an issue with posts appearing in an unapproved state, as I mentioned.

We don't censor posts without good and stated reasons, however in this case the explanation is a problem with the forum, and not the poster's fault at all.

4. AlfaSigma

AlfaSigma New Member

Oh ok sorry about that. I just assumed it was intentional.
    Please disregard my previous request.

5. Bonza

Bonza Super Moderator Staff Member

No worries mate, hope you enjoy your time on the forums. :)

6. PCShogun

PCShogun New Member

If you REALLY want to see censorship, try posting something against Iran on Press TV

They refuse to post 8 out of 10 of my posts, and 1 of the two that do go up, get stripped of the negative comment so it because a positive or neutral statement. The one that gets through unaltered is when I have something positive to say about the article (Yes, I have some positive things to say about Iran :)

7. My2Cents

My2Cents Active Member

Why are you surprised? That is the English language news section of the government owned Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting.

And if they did post any of your negative comments that would be defamation of the state, and they would be looking out at the world from a jail cell while awaiting possible execution and a trial.

8. Methos

Methos New Member

Since the topic of this threads match with my question:
    Do some of my posts also appear "unapproved"? I have tried posting three times in another thread, but allways my posts did not appear, instead it was said that these posts need to be approved. So is this also a bug or is an one week old thread already to inactive to allow new posts there?

9. Preceptor

Preceptor Super Moderator Staff Member

Your posts are now approved.
    -Preceptor

10. Methos

Methos New Member

Thank you.
    Does a post need to be approved when it is above a special length? I just replied in the T-90 thread and it said that my post needs to get approved again.

11. Preceptor

Preceptor Super Moderator Staff Member

You are welcome. The issue with posts occasionally needing to be approved has something to do with the spam filter occasionally being triggered by something in the post itself. The overall length (or brevity) of the posts AFAIK is not relevant.
    -Preceptor

12. mAIOR

mAIOR New Member

I thought that post approval was a feature for new members (you know, until overall post quality is asserted for that user). I also have a unapproved post. Could you please check it out?

Thanks

13. AegisFC

AegisFC Super Moderator Staff Member Verified Defense Pro

I took care of it.
    A few years ago we had a bad spam problem on this board. There is a more strict spam filter in place but sometimes it goes a bit overboard with new users.