brain storm

chinawhite

I like globaltalknetworks.com but it doesn't seen to attract people. any way to make this as popular as defencetalk?

Last edited by a moderator:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks. Well, only way it can be popular is that DefenceTalk members participate in discussions over there. We do plan on putting a gallery over there as well related to general world instead of military as is on defencetalk. Maybe that will give it a boost that it needs.

If you have any ideas please share

mysterious

We definitely need more DT members to come over to GTN and discuss because at the moment, half of the threads contains last posts by me which require others to post in reply and get things rolling.

chinawhite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In reailty a lot of polictical arguments happen when comparing weaponary and things like that. they like to show what toys they can hit other people with and say when they want to hit people. They dont understand the background of a conflict or the technical details or laws involed in some events. Im speaking of nationalistic people of certain nationalities. Logic doesn't seem to be a word in their volcaubray, but hard moderation is not the key to build a forum its membership

You also diversified the site way to early. start basic then work up. start with sections: recent events/Suggestions/Feedback/World Affairs. keep it simple to start off with and concentrate on core features like uptodate information. I know your approch was 'build it and they will come' but it doesn't seem to work so far, so make it simple for the masses.

Also some connection to a new source like yahoo news could also be good for it. We need a area where all the new news is concentrated in one area so when new people joing it would be easier for them to find. When a decent amount of regular people come to visit then start to diversify little by little by adding new features.

-----

Advertisments?

I dont remember ever seeing any advertisments for Global talk?. maybe advertise in here or sinodefence or other places with high concentrations of members.

Moderation should to kept to keep the swearing down but thats about it for moderation. polictics is not about good general peacful views but some line has to be drawn with logic and the insane

armage

You really think that's going to reborn GT from a ghost forum?
How'd you get DT started from the beginning?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
DT used to be just one or two pages with links to ther sites (for news articles...) and just a forum. After couple of months it was transformed into different sections and it grew from there.