Ambitious modernization plan of the Bangladeshi Military

T.C.P

Defence Budget
Target major purchase
Staff Correspondent

The government has proposed a Tk 1,512 crore increase in defence expenditure to finance some major purchases needed to modernise the armed forces.

In his budget speech, Finance Minister AMA Muhith said he has set aside an allocation of Tk 10,695 crore for the next financial year.

He also said the country's first defence policy will be finalised in the next financial year. The government has already taken steps to that end.

“We want to continue enhancing the defence capability of our country by restructuring the defence system,” Muhith said.

Meanwhile, a senior army official told The Daily Star the government is increasing the defence spending as it plans to go for a big purchase for the army, navy and air force after a long time.

He said that many an equipment being used by Bangladeshi contingents on UN peacekeeping missions is years-old and losing performance.

"We need to purchase gears for our forces on peacekeeping missions. We'll have to buy over 200 APCs (armoured personnel career) and they are quite expensive," the officer said.

Citing more examples, he said the army has a tank regiment that should have 44 functional tanks. But the tanks in that regiment are decades old and need to be replaced.

"It is very difficult to get spare parts for those old tanks," he said that it means the government will have to buy some new tanks as well.

The same is true for the two other forces--navy and air force.

Navy needs new offshore patrol vessels, which are medium type battle ships.

The air force needs to upgrade their aircraft and purchase some new, the officer said.

Besides the new purchases, an upgrade is necessary to keep the aircraft and other equipment functional, he continued.

Muhith in his budget speech said, “We are continuing with enhancing the facilities of higher training, providing modern military hardware and other benefits for the defence forces while reinforcing our diplomatic initiatives to ensure national security."

He also said the government is going for a significant increase in the defence budget, “taking into consideration the overall role of defence services, insecurity and development of the country and their glorious image in the international arena.”

The parliamentary standing committee on defence ministry in separate reports on the army, navy and air force last year said an acute shortage of fund stands in the way to modernisation of the armed forces.

Currently, a very little portion of the fund allocated for the forces is used for defence purchase as large portion of the share is spent on salaries, allowances, services and supplies.

In his budget speech last year, the finance minister announced that the government wants to restructure the country's defence system to ensure security of the country and the people and continue to improve defence capability.

For FY 2008-09, he proposed an allocation of Tk 7,967 crore that was later revised to Tk 8,196 crore. In the budget for the current year, the original allocation was Tk 8,382 crore.

http://www.thedailys....php?nid=142214

T.C.P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big plan on war weapon purchase
JS told of 10-yr dev plan for armed forces

Staff Correspondent

The government yesterday unveiled its plans and ongoing processes of purchasing weapons of war and armoured vehicles to enhance and consolidate combat proficiency of Bangladesh Army, Navy and Air Force.

Planning Minister Air Vice Marshal (retd) AK Khandker, also in charge of the defence ministry in parliamentary affairs, yesterday notified the parliament about the government's plans and on going processes for the purchase.

He said the government has planned to buy various weapons of war and combat vehicles in the current fiscal year as part of its 10-year-long development plan for the armed forces.

Efforts have been made to purchase seven tanks and one armoured recovery vehicle for army, and 80 armoured vehicles, five armoured recovery vehicles, five armoured ambulances and two helicopters for UN peacekeeping mission, added Khandker.

"Besides, the government has approved in principle and allocated necessary funds to double the capacity of Bangladesh Ordnance Factory to produce ammunition for small arms," said the planning minister in reply to a written query from BNP lawmaker Harunur Rashid.

He said, the process of purchasing two maritime patrol aircraft through international tender and building of five patrol craft at Khulna shipyard is underway. The decision on building or purchasing two large patrol craft, a hydrographic survey vessel and one oil tanker at local or foreign shipyard is also under consideration.

In addition, the government has planned to purchase one or two old frigates for navy from other countries under government to government deal, he said, adding that process of purchasing of offshore patrol vessel from UK navy and a large patrol craft are progressing.

"The government also has plans to upgrade missile boats and patrol crafts with modern missiles to improve the combat efficiency of navy," he said.

On modernising the air force Khandker said the government has a scheme to purchase a fighter squadron, air-to-air missiles, one surface-to-air missile system, one air defence radar and two helicopters in the current fiscal year.

EXPENDITURE ON MEDICAL & TRAINING
In reply to AL lawmaker Israfil Alam's query, the planning minister also placed a report on the armed forces' previous five years' expenditure on medical and training purposes through military medical service directorate.

According to the report, since fiscal year 2005-06 Tk 338.03 crore was spent on medical purpose while Tk 1.35 crore on training.

NEW CADET COLLEGE
In response to a query from Jatiya Party lawmaker MA Jabber, the planning minister said the government has a plan to set up a women's cadet college in Gopalganj or in Khulna or Bagerhat depending on availability of land and fund.

http://www.thedailys....php?nid=124940

T.C.P

In recent years Bangladesh has embarked on a large scale defense upgrading process.
For the first time in the Country's history record high amounts have been allocated for Procurement of weaponry, especially in the new budget for 2010-2011 which was declared a few weeks ago.
The military is in the middle of large scale purchases and forming of new elite units.
In 2010 2 F-22B class missile Frigates were ordered by the PM on her recent visit to China, 2 Castle class OPVs were commissioned, a new hydro-graphic survey ship was bought and other frigates and FACMs were upgraded with new Chinese anti shipping and anti aircraft missiles. The Khulna Shipping Yard operated by the Navy started producing patrol boats and getting upgraded to build Missile guided corvettes, New helicopters were ordered and the Navy crew are getting trained on how to operate submarines. The target is to get the Navy o be a three dimensional force by 2021.
Also the Air force is going to induct more Mig-29s and is getting ready to purchase 3 squadrons of new air defense fighters(rumour has it Mig-35s, or Su-30/27/35) . new attack and utility helicopters are getting purchased as well as new transport air craft. Third generation SAMs are being ordered as well as new radar stations( the Govt is in the middleof talks for purchasing BUK-M1)
The army has bought 7 tanks(Yatagans and Type-96Gs) for field testing, 300-500 units of the chosen tank will be purchased. This year another 200 APCs were ordered(mainly BTR-80s) we already operate over a thousand BTR-80s. the new BD-08 assault rifle(Upgraded copy of Chinese TYpe-81 ) is rolling out of the prouction lines. the army's ordance factories have started producing artillery and mortar shells and and they can also produce 2000 QW-2 anti air craft missiles annually. The BOF is getting upgraded to be able to produce rockets for our existing and future multi barrel roccket launchers. Large numbers of type 88(PLZ-45) self propelled howitzers have been ordered.
And finally a long cherished dream of the navy was fulfilled when the SWADS(special war fare and diving and salvaging) came into being. for the first time our navy has an elite unit which is considered the best of its type in south asia.

All my claims can be checked out at BD military.com

Last edited:

T.C.P

Latest news from the BAF. i haveve posted before that the BAF plans to procure J-10Bs and has rejected the FC-1, this has changed.

Well a new committee has been formed to develop a new generation Air Defence system for BD. The BAF has put on hold all the new air craft procuring plans, instead funds are now being diverted to builiding a multi layered AD system.

"BD Govt is planning to introduce a multilayer AD system very soon. For these they already form a joint forces' committee which includes - Director, AD, BA and Director, AD, BAF and other concerned officers and directorates (such as WE&S, Artillery of BA and Air Plans etc). As far as I know, their plan is like as follows -

1. VSHORAD : FB-6A (6 km)
2. SHORAD : FM-90 (12 km, for point defence)
3. Medium Range : LY-60D/LY-60N (22 km, for limited aerial defence)
4. Semi-Long Range : LY-70 [Naval Version]/LY-80 (42km, for aerial defence)

[LY-70/LY-80 is a reverse engineered version of Russian BUK-M1-2]"

I posted that the military had chosen the QW-2 to replace the HN-5 as the standard MANPAD and local production of QW-2 missiles was going to begin soon. How ever it appears that after much field testing the Armed Forces are not satisfied with the QW-2 and have opted for the FN-16( modernised FN-6) So far the MANPADS were only used by artillery units but the army plans to equip all ground units with MANPADS.

I asked about the air craft procurement plans, The BAF it seems will not replace the A-5s as it said it would by 2011, but instead plan to upgrade them to A-5Ds. One new sq of F-7BGs will be bought.
The BAF is once again looking at the JF-17. From what I hear they plan to induct Fc-1s along with Su-27SKMs. Nothing about the flankers or the FC-1 is official, but the source from where I got the news has so far been extremely accurate about BD's defence plans.

Source-BD military.com

T.C.P

Also the Bangladeshi army is going to integrate all our AAGs with the new AD system, the plan is to operate a similar calibre AAg as the Navy preferably 35mm. The BA has been offered the type-90 and type-87 twin 87mm AAGs by China. The BA voiced concern about problems trying to integrate our old AAGs with the new system, but China assured us that they did similar things for the PLA and th PLAAF and that they would give us all the required assistence.

Steps has been taken to modernize our existing TPS-70, TPS-63 radars and also BAF will going to purchase more radars very soon. EW radars, equipments for ECM/ECCM, Target aquisition and Fire control devices (both airborne and ground based) etc.

There are plans to procure more Russian Il-117 3D air surveillence radrars.

ARMY-
The T-84 Yatagan has been cancelled of the list. The obsolete type59MBTs are being upgraded into Type-59Gs.
http://www.bdmilitary.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=333&Itemid=97

Large no. of brand new artillery are being bought and many new artillery regiments will be raised.
http://www.bdmilitary.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=159&Itemid=98
I will post more about this when I get the news.

Source-Bd military.com

Last edited:

T.C.P

The Mig-29SEs are also to receive SMT standard upgrade soon.

T.C.P

Through UAC/RSK MiG I'm assuming? Or are they planning to go the Algerian route, and obtain second-hand components for a domestic upgrade?
Through UAC/RSK MiG, we do not have the capability to upgrade the Fulcrums domestically.
The BAF engineering dept has only done a similar thing to the old F-7MBs

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Through UAC/RSK MiG, we do not have the capability to upgrade the Fulcrums domestically.
The BAF engineering dept has only done a similar thing to the old F-7MBs
Are there any plans to replace the F-7s with more Fulcrums, or anything for that matter?

T.C.P

Are there any plans to replace the F-7s with more Fulcrums, or anything for that matter?
We are replacing the F-7MBs with the F-7BGs.
F-7BG Multirole Fighter Aircraft | Bangladesh Military Forces | BDMilitary.com - The voice of the Bangladesh Armed Forces
Also it seems that the BAF could replace the F-7s with the FC-1, there is nothing concrete to support this, but the new BAF committee has been talking a lot about this prospect, I will post a link, if any thing official comes up.

T.C.P

The F-7s are not number uno on the BAF's replacing list, the A-5s come first. We were actually supposed to replace them by 2012, but with funds being diverted towards our new multi layered AD system, the A-5s will have to stay, they are going to be upgraded to A-5D. Also the BAF is going to have to spend a lot of cash to procure the new gen trainers, to replace the F-6. A large no. of modern trainers are to be procured to help train pilots for the new 4th and 4.5 gen ac that should be coming their way starting from around 2015.

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The F-7s are not number uno on the BAF's replacing list, the A-5s come first. We were actually supposed to replace them by 2012, but with funds being directed towards our new multi layered AD system, the A-5s will have to stay, they are going to be upgraded to A-5D. Also the BAF is going to have to spend a lot of cash to procure the new gen trainers, to replace the F-6. A large no. of modern trainers are to be procured to help train pilots for the new 4th and 4.5 gen ac that should be coming their way starting from around 2015.
Something in the Yak-130 or K-8 categories?

T.C.P

Something in the Yak-130 or K-8 categories?
More likely to be either JL-9s or L-59/L-159.
We operate a substantial no. of modernized L-39s, they are really liked by the pilots and if we were to go for the L-59/L-159, it would ease up maintenance.
However with the rising no. of Chinese fighters in our arsenal F-7BGs and possibly FC-1s and J-10s in the future, the JL-9 has a great shot here.

T.C.P

Why not get more second hand L-39s and upgrade them?
The BAF wants totally new trainers, and the truth is they have had the cash for new trainers for quite a while, but due to Bureaucratic indecision, nothing has been bought yet, but with the formation of a new high power committee new purchases will be made, and due to the good service record of the L-39s, L-59/159s have a good chance.
Mind that the L-39 is also used for light ground attack roles, so the new trainer, will have to have this ability also.

skhan

What could help the BAF become one of the most potent airforces?

Hi guys as a Bangladeshi i must say i'm definitely proud of what most the BAF is doing right now, but seriously, why do most of the airforces always think along the same established rules of defence/attack.

Frankly, if we were to ever face a military offensive it would be India and Mynamar only and next if at all the Chinese(i.e. if they go completely mad and invade eastern India in a week).

Now lets look at our bigger neighbour - India, its going in fast and hard for the most robust weapons available and i'm no military expert but i have been tracking and reading most of the notable military advanced weapons and weapon systems in the world and also the most recent military conflicts. If we were to go into a faceoff with a country like India then i think these few things will help:

1. Get the most advanced Early Warning Systems and Electronic counter measuer capabilities - the current air defence systems are a move in the right direction.

2. How to thwart an advanced fast moving attack - i think none at the moment is present or even being considered coz i seriously doubt the capability of the mig29's we got. I would suggest a mix of multi-role fighter jets,interceptors and fast attack helicopters like the cobras and thats because we barely have much air space or the monetary capability.

3. Do we have enough ground assets to stop or defend against the giant range of Indian missiles, fast moving tanks and attack helicopters - go read what the Syrians did to Israelis during the wars fought over Lebanon.

Like what you are reading? then now lets move onto Myanmar, what they got maybe a few Russian and Chinese weapons. So lets see what we can do to counter any threat from them:

1. Our Navy dosen't pose any kind of credible threat to Mynmar's which explains their bold move to carry out exploration work just within visible range of our shores. Here the key is not to actually attack but to have the capability which is more than enough to scare your opponent. I guess a combination of Iranian tiny sub-marines and corvettes could easily scare the shit out of their navy, mainly coz they always pack a good punch of anti-ship missiles and they move fast(due to their small size/wt.).

2. Again the airforce and in this case i can't help it but mention that we have to have something beside the aging old mig29's and i mean J-10 and not FC-1 and that is primarily because we don't want even these planes to be repaired with spares from another neighbouring country. Given we get the right negotiations on the table, Bangladesh could become launch customers and push the Chinese to give more techinical assistance/know-how to atleast repair the jets ourselves. This way both Myanmar and India would get a clear message that incase things get crazy here we can fix our planes ourselves and fight 24/7 and thats going to be nightmare for any army or airforce.

3. If it were to me :D, i feel no use of large and heavy tanks at all. Look around you in Bangladesh and even the border areas, we have large swathes of forestland and rivers or canals and lakes, we definitely need a smart engineering corps and fast moving armoured cavalry divisions and that means fast moving tiny attack choppers, smaller fast moving armoured vehicles be it IFV's or Tanks. I have to stress again that it should not be mandatory to always have heavy armour many times in Aviation history speed has played a large role and even if you have something with heavy armour it will only be sitting ducks for things like mig-35 or suk-30MKI and lastly the scarier PAK-FA or F22 & F35.

Even the navies of today have learn't that mad Iranian fast attack tiny boats with missiles can easily scare large destroyers and that is because of their speed to come fast, hit and run. Iraqis did a major mess with their inventory during the last war in Iraq. The most amount of threat nowadays is an enemy out of sight that attacks from a very far off and in a funny way mostly from the air.

4. Ok guys i'm going to finish this but don't laugh now!!, just bare with me, do we have anything next to a UAV or atleast a flying toy. Mind you this will be the tech of the future, how about flying a UAV in the air for 30days running on solar power and armed with powerful radars that scan upto 500km or even a 1000km you think any funny supersonic cruise missile or low flying aircraft could easily get passed it. This tech is enough to keep your enemy always thinking of more ways to penetrate it but you on the other hand would be less worried thanks to low costs of operating such a sauve radar system. Oh and before i forget i surely support finding trainers that can also be used as ground attack aircraft or atleast some form of interceptor role.

Lastly and this is not targetted against any country, but please why on earth don't we have any submarines. We need to give other navies or pirates a clear message not to mess with our commercial vessels, i haven't been able to track wht exactly happend to the vessel hijacked recently by the somali pirates. But given south korean's freed their vessel there is no reason why our navy should not be able to do the same. Plus side of having a strong navy is that you defend your commercial interests in the high seas and that in turn pays with more countries willing to do business with you. Again i have a funny new tech scenario for this too.......how about neuclear powered subs....they stay afloat for years.....i would love to get some only to simply start up a shipping line company someday ;).

Adios my brothers and Salams to All!

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
2. How to thwart an advanced fast moving attack - i think none at the moment is present or even being considered coz i seriously doubt the capability of the mig29's we got. I would suggest a mix of multi-role fighter jets,interceptors and fast attack helicopters like the cobras and thats because we barely have much air space or the monetary capability.
What's wrong with Fulcrums? What's India got that's so far ahead? Sure they have the MKIs, but other then those high end fighters, their next best thing will be the MiG-29UPG being upgraded right now, and the MMRCA when it comes through (which may itself be more Fulcrums).

3. Do we have enough ground assets to stop or defend against the giant range of Indian missiles, fast moving tanks and attack helicopters - go read what the Syrians did to Israelis during the wars fought over Lebanon.
How do you expect a nation of ~150 million to have military parity with a nation of over a billion?

2. Again the airforce and in this case i can't help it but mention that we have to have something beside the aging old mig29's and i mean J-10 and not FC-1 and that is primarily because we don't want even these planes to be repaired with spares from another neighbouring country. Given we get the right negotiations on the table, Bangladesh could become launch customers and push the Chinese to give more techinical assistance/know-how to atleast repair the jets ourselves. This way both Myanmar and India would get a clear message that incase things get crazy here we can fix our planes ourselves and fight 24/7 and thats going to be nightmare for any army or airforce.
The best thing Myanmar has is... MiG-29SMT? So what's the concern? Within the regional context a fleet of upgraded Fulcrums seems to be quite on par.

3. If it were to me :D, i feel no use of large and heavy tanks at all. Look around you in Bangladesh and even the border areas, we have large swathes of forestland and rivers or canals and lakes, we definitely need a smart engineering corps and fast moving armoured cavalry divisions and that means fast moving tiny attack choppers, smaller fast moving armoured vehicles be it IFV's or Tanks. I have to stress again that it should not be mandatory to always have heavy armour many times in Aviation history speed has played a large role and even if you have something with heavy armour it will only be sitting ducks for things like mig-35 or suk-30MKI and lastly the scarier PAK-FA or F22 & F35.
It will really be sitting ducks for attack helos and CAS. I don't know where or when you expect to see 5th gen fighter threats. But the defense against those isn't to have smaller and faster tanks, it's to have better control of your airspace. Possibly investing in tac-SAMs or SAM-SPAAG hybrids to protect the armored units on the move. At the end of the day no matter how small or fast, a tank isn't going to out-run a Hind.

4. Ok guys i'm going to finish this but don't laugh now!!, just bare with me, do we have anything next to a UAV or atleast a flying toy. Mind you this will be the tech of the future, how about flying a UAV in the air for 30days running on solar power and armed with powerful radars that scan upto 500km or even a 1000km you think any funny supersonic cruise missile or low flying aircraft could easily get passed it. This tech is enough to keep your enemy always thinking of more ways to penetrate it but you on the other hand would be less worried thanks to low costs of operating such a sauve radar system. Oh and before i forget i surely support finding trainers that can also be used as ground attack aircraft or atleast some form of interceptor role.
The trainers is a good idea, note I'm not expert on Bangladesh, but in that regard it's once again not gold plated assets you want, but something closer to second hand refurb L-39s... On the issue of UAVs, I'd consider that you need to have a military capable of using those UAVs effectively. This means modern comms, and control systems.

Lastly and this is not targetted against any country, but please why on earth don't we have any submarines. We need to give other navies or pirates a clear message not to mess with our commercial vessels, i haven't been able to track wht exactly happend to the vessel hijacked recently by the somali pirates. But given south korean's freed their vessel there is no reason why our navy should not be able to do the same. Plus side of having a strong navy is that you defend your commercial interests in the high seas and that in turn pays with more countries willing to do business with you. Again i have a funny new tech scenario for this too.......how about neuclear powered subs....they stay afloat for years.....i would love to get some only to simply start up a shipping line company someday ;).
Anti-piracy isn't done by submarines, it's done by fairly large surface combatants, typically with helos and marines or special forces aboard. Typically it's the helicopter that responds first to many of the distress calls. Second off consider that the RoK has a much larger Navy and military budget. They've been a major player for a long time. Hence why they're able to do much more in terms of projecting force. These are costly investments, that take time. I'm not sure Bangladesh needs them. At the end of the day a large EU/NATO taskforce + Russian, Indian, and Chinese ships can't effectively put an end to the pirates, the presence of a Bangladeshi corvette is hardly going to matter.

T.C.P

Hi guys as a Bangladeshi i must say i'm definitely proud of what most the BAF is doing right now, but seriously, why do most of the airforces always think along the same established rules of defence/attack.

Frankly, if we were to ever face a military offensive it would be India and Mynamar only and next if at all the Chinese(i.e. if they go completely mad and invade eastern India in a week).

Now lets look at our bigger neighbour - India, its going in fast and hard for the most robust weapons available and i'm no military expert but i have been tracking and reading most of the notable military advanced weapons and weapon systems in the world and also the most recent military conflicts. If we were to go into a faceoff with a country like India then i think these few things will help:

1. Get the most advanced Early Warning Systems and Electronic counter measuer capabilities - the current air defence systems are a move in the right direction.

Like what you are reading? then now lets move onto Myanmar, what they got maybe a few Russian and Chinese weapons. So lets see what we can do to counter any threat from them:

1. Our Navy dosen't pose any kind of credible threat to Mynmar's which explains their bold move to carry out exploration work just within visible range of our shores. Here the key is not to actually attack but to have the capability which is more than enough to scare your opponent. I guess a combination of Iranian tiny sub-marines and corvettes could easily scare the shit out of their navy, mainly coz they always pack a good punch of anti-ship missiles and they move fast(due to their small size/wt.).

Even the navies of today have learn't that mad Iranian fast attack tiny boats with missiles can easily scare large destroyers and that is because of their speed to come fast, hit and run. Iraqis did a major mess with their inventory during the last war in Iraq. The most amount of threat nowadays is an enemy out of sight that attacks from a very far off and in a funny way mostly from the air.

Adios my brothers and Salams to All!
Firstly its good to see another Bengali poster;). Feanor has already made a great reply to your post. First the Mig-29s, there is nothing wrong with them, they are great, our pilots love them and they go great with our ground defence systems, they are the best air craft available for Bangladesh now. I suggest you read my previous posts which contain a lot of detail on Bangladesh's possible defence acquisitions.

Also lets address the Myanmar issue, most Bengalis freak out over Myanmer for nothing, what they do not understand is how militarily inferior they are to us. The Myanmar army does not have the capability to fight beyond its borders, we do. Their navy does not have the means to match ours, the only reason there was an incident on our maritime border, was because Myanmar was just checking how we would react facing competition. We operate far more guided missile warships then they do and by 2015, with all the new procurements being made for the BN, the difference between the two navy's will be huge. Not only that the Bangladesh army has started procuring huge numbers of medium and heavy SPH and MBRLs for bombardment and counter bombardment, they are also procuring artillery detecting radar.

We operate more modern APCs than any other country in the region, some 1200 upgraded BTR-80s, and at least another 600 APCs of different variants(Fahd 240s BTR 70s etc). In 2010 alone we ordered 125 new APCs.

I already posted earlier that the BAF has directed a lot of its funds to create a new multi layered AD system with brand new short and medium range SAMs supported by new radars both land and air borne. With the introduction of these new radars we will have 100% coverage of BD air space, something neither India or Myanmar is capable of(its more due the tiny size of our country though). The procurement of such expensive sysytems have made procurement of 4.5 gen air craft take a back seat.

Also not to go back to XvsY topic why do you think that the FC-1 can do a better job than the Mig-29. Any ways the BAF does intend to procure Fc-1s but to replace the F-7s not the Mig-29. As for the J-10 the BAF is hungry for the J-10B but will have to wait for 2018 for it to properly mature and be available.

Now for the UAVs we domestically produce target drones for artillery practice. As for surveillance drones, its an area where we have failed to catch up even Sri Lanka is ahead of us in this area, although this is about to change.

Now you must understand that Iran goes for tiny missile boats because they have no other option, they are trying to build larger ships but that really is tough. Swarming tactics are old and most large modern warships are designed to combat them. Not to mention that the range of your tiny FACMs is extremely small and they cannot operate in high waters, they are only good for shore defence.

As for submarines, Insha Allah we will be procuring a substantial no. of subs soon. You see we do not have the infrastructure to operte a sub, South Korea and turkey will help us build Sub bases and then we will be likely procure second hand albeit heavily upgraded ex TN type-209s. Also I heard about the possibilty of procuring Chinese song class subs.