Air Surveillance Operator

webber12

Hi all.
I'm transferring from the Australian Army Reserves to the RAAF as an air surveillance operator and I would like to know more about the position before going through with it. I have already read all of the information at defencejobs.gov.au, but it seems to be vague on exactly what I'd be doing; As was it for rifleman. If there's someone with any additional information or knowledge about the day to day work, I would greatly apprecated you sharing it. Thanks :)

TRA121

Hi Webber12,

I am also a reservist that is about to transfer to ASOP. Sorry I don't have much more info than you!
Are you Heading back to Wagga? What date are you off??

Cheers

Trav

Shona

Hi all.
I'm transferring from the Australian Army Reserves to the RAAF as an air surveillance operator and I would like to know more about the position before going through with it. I have already read all of the information at defencejobs.gov.au, but it seems to be vague on exactly what I'd be doing; As was it for rifleman. If there's someone with any additional information or knowledge about the day to day work, I would greatly apprecated you sharing it. Thanks :)

Hey - Im not in the airforce yet, and this is something that i found lacking in knowledge also.
Your best bet is going up to Williamstown or another RAAF base and taking note that way.

Also shows that your keen - This is what im planning to do.

Hope it helps.
Shona. =)