A Difficult Marriage

Type59

After reading title I thought someone was asking for marriage advice.

I am dissappointed, Defencetalk could have dealt with both defence and relationships. It would have be unique amongst the many defence forums.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I used to guard this former dividing line as a young Cav trooper, we did not have a wall but instead blue and white poles marking the spot where we were getting close, normally 300 meters beyond the blue and white poles one could see the wire fences hooked up to shotgun mines and the dog runs and towers. I have only seen actual Russians at a few of these locations on two seperate occassions, both times they were female Russian soldiers, intel stated that they belonged to the NBC units, I have seen many East German guards though, it was fun playing mind games with each other.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After reading title I thought someone was asking for marriage advice.
I'd love to ask for marriage advice, but luckily I'm not married. Being 19 and all..... :D

nevidimka

I used to guard this former dividing line as a young Cav trooper, we did not have a wall but instead blue and white poles marking the spot where we were getting close, normally 300 meters beyond the blue and white poles one could see the wire fences hooked up to shotgun mines and the dog runs and towers. I have only seen actual Russians at a few of these locations on two seperate occassions, both times they were female Russian soldiers, intel stated that they belonged to the NBC units, I have seen many East German guards though, it was fun playing mind games with each other.
eckherl, did you just play mind games with those female russian soldiers, or any other games. :eek:nfloorl:

btw, you must be old, if you guarded the Berlin wall in your life. :)

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
eckherl, did you just play mind games with those female russian soldiers, or any other games. :eek:nfloorl:

btw, you must be old, if you guarded the Berlin wall in your life. :)
No, they looked really mean:(. and yes I was 17 when I was patrolling along that Demarcation line, age 20 when I first set my eyes on the Demarcation line in Korea.

Last edited:

nevidimka

No, they looked really mean:(. and yes I was 17 when I was patrolling along that demarcation line, age 20 when I first set my eyes on the Demarcation line in Korea.

Ahh the russians must have known you were patrolling, so they sent out the mean looking ones out there. LOL.