A different kind of UH 60

copterdoctor

Hello,
just thought i'd share some photos of a blackhawk unlike many out there. this one is a radio controlled model. it is 4 1/2 feet long and weighs 15LBS. it has a fully detailed cockpit, working lights, releasable cargo hook and stabilator. it is capeable of ground taxiing, run-on takeoff and landings, slingload operations and in case of an engine failure (theres only one) an autorotation.
it was finished last year (2006) and took approximately 9 months to build. it got 2nd place at its first major contest in Muncie Indiana and will be competing at this year's nationals.
it was modelled from a machine used here at FT.Rucker Alabama for training.
Enjoy the pics.
Emile

copterdoctor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
more pics

just a few more pictures, the last one is how the fiberglass fuselage comes out of the box and in the second photo, kristi holds the primered and ready to paint fuselage. all details are handmade including the landing gear, all antennas, wire strike and all cockpit details.

copterdoctor

thanks all, i think if i tried to get it to go as fast as it can go, maybe about 60 mph.
some more pics.

rupturduck

I have to ask, are the RC aircraft able to perform the same simulated military functions, that their progenitors do? Accurately launching missiles and firing projectiles, is the first thing that comes to mind, on a website dedicated to military affairs. But I would be impressed, if they could lift and move a sling load, in equivalent size, shape, weight, as the real deal.

copterdoctor

when you size things down proportionally, they will outperform their fullsize counterpart. i have a longbow in the making that will fire bottlerockets. though not seen as a safe practice in the eyes of the A.M.A, it can be done.