Pakistan develops Computerized Arms Target System

P.A.F

Pakistan develops Computerized Arms Target System

September 8, 2004:pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) again achieved a milestone in indigenously developing a computerized Small Arms Target System [SATS]. The SATS, which has been put on display at IDEAS-2004 being held at Expo Center here, continued to be the hub of attraction for the delegates. The computer controlled SATS is designed to automate the small arms firing ranges and enhance the firing efficiency of soldiers by providing real time information on bullet hit and random target shooting.

"It can emulate a real time war-like environment to the firer and guide him to modify his aim," said an official of POF while demonstrating the computer controlled device.

This gadget has attained high significance for training especially achieving precision for anti-terrorism skill and technique by the soldiers in the present day environment. POF is the largest defence industrial complex in the country meeting almost 100% ordinance requirements of its armed forces. POF a group of 14 premier defence industries in Pakistan, produces a broad range of weapons and ammunition including ammunition for small arms, artillery guns of both eastern and western origin and tanks of 100, 105 and 125mm calibre including high explosives and armour piercing, Fin Stabilized, discarding sabot rounds. POF also produces aircraft and anti-craft ammunition for air and naval forces.

Certification in ISO-9001 places POF high among its competitors in the international market. In addition to meeting the demands of defence forces, POF products are in service in many countries of the world. The hallmark of POF products is the strict adherence to quality and their conformity to international standards of acceptability and reliability. POF also specializes in the manufacture of commercial explosives, hunting munitions and possesses extensive facilities for the manufacture of brass, copper and aluminum ingots, extrusions and sections for non-military applications.

After about 50 years of continuous growth and development, POF is today a flourishing complex of 14 factories. Bombers and grenades; brass mills; clothing; explosives; machine gun medium artillery ammunition; propellant; small arms ammunition; tank and anti-tank ammunition, tungsten alloy; tungsten carbide; and weapons. The two main subsidiaries namely Wah Industries Pvt Ltd. and Wah Nobel Pvt Ltd were established to utilise the spare capacity of POF for production of commercial items. But at later date Hi-tech Plastics Pvt Ltd., Wah Nobel Chemicals Pvt Ltd, ah Nobel Detonators Pvt Ltd and Attock Chemicals Pvt Ltd were set up to meet the requirement of the civil market

old news but a milestone. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Sounds more like a blooming advertisement for POF rather than containing any real info on the system. :mad

mysterious

So any details surfaced on this development at all recently? Like any specs available for this system or anything? :smokingc:

Salman78

So is this system mobile or fixed.
Is it just for training soilders using small arms or somthing manportable.

It sounds to me like a close up screen of the bullet impact area so the person can try to aim the next one more precisely.

rajupaki

ravi_n_naik said:
it hard to believe that pakistan can develop anything indegenously.
Not only Pakistan man. no third world country can build any thing on their own.Not even china. They must need some help from west. Yes but if they unite and share tech then the time is not to far that the next Superpower will be from Asia.(oh i have crossed the limits in dreeming) :D

mysterious

Salman78 said:
So is this system mobile or fixed.
Is it just for training soilders using small arms or somthing manportable.

It sounds to me like a close up screen of the bullet impact area so the person can try to aim the next one more precisely.
It datalinks all tanks (for e.g) and gives them a type of a friend-and-foe detection capability. This said, I'm not so sure about its technicalities as nothing has been released thus far. I'm sure Gary can explain in much depth what a BMS actually does. :cool:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
A few of you are apparently forgetting the rulings on "one liners" in responses.

Any future responses that don't comply with forum policy run the risk of auto deletion.

Kalkara

My guess is that if they intend to export, it will end up in Janes Military Training & Simulation Systems 2005.

This is not a Battlefield Management System, it's a training system.

It will be projectile location for realtime location of miss and hit (LOMAH) reported to the firer on a firing range.

Firing ranges will include but not limited to Marksmanship Training Ranges (Small arms), indoor ranges, and adaptable to artillery firing ranges and interactive targetry (targets you shoot at, not to be confused with targeting systems which actively aid in target acquisition i.e. signature lock/IFF).

I am interested in the type of technology they are using. It might be radar, video, ultrasonics, laser, or other type of detection.:coffee