Future propulsion for space exploration

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the sake of science you must be willing to take a risk of being "vaporize" in the lab. it's for the human sake.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I just find out about this antimatter stuff, what is it really?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
For the sake of science you must be willing to take a risk of being "vaporize" in the lab. it's for the human sake.
I think you'd be vaporising the city. ;)

elkaboingo

this article is from 1999, didnt they prove some other theory in favor of antimatter, cant remember name of it though.

:alian

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
Both have already saw some use today. The problem to solve here is to provide a propulsion system that can shorten the journey that usually took years to only days. The system will be a prelude to the interstellar travel. Both Plasma and Ion is good but still not good enough. I think the other theory is fusion engine.

Winter

Awang se said:
Both have already saw some use today. The problem to solve here is to provide a propulsion system that can shorten the journey that usually took years to only days. The system will be a prelude to the interstellar travel. Both Plasma and Ion is good but still not good enough. I think the other theory is fusion engine.
Well we need a reactor first so I guess this process of development will take several generations...

:roll