WMDs anyone??

Frozen Hell

We all know there were no WMDs in Iraq. Common sense tells us if Saddam had them he would have used them on our forces. WMD, like "terrorism" is an excuse to invade other countries. Welcome to the new 21st century or the "new american century."

Winter

Frankly, no Israel is not a bigger threat than Saddam supposedly was....

a) Not many countries like Israel. No matter Israel's power or determination (both of which, are in abundance) it would be leaped upon by practically everyone if it used WMD, or any other country for that matter. Israel knows this (not that it would use them anyway).

b) Saddam has actually used WMD. The Iraqi military dropped several chemical warheads on a civilian Kurd settlement a few years ago. There were 5,000 fatalities with several thousand more injured or given long-term illnesses.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Winter said:
Frankly, no Israel is not a bigger threat than Saddam supposedly was....
I think you are talking about the U.S.A. Among its neighbors however Israel has hostile attitude towards all of them with the exception of Egypt maybe. IMO Israel is the only destabilizing factor in the Middle East.

Winter said:
b) Saddam has actually used WMD. The Iraqi military dropped several chemical warheads on a civilian Kurd settlement a few years ago. There were 5,000 fatalities with several thousand more injured or given long-term illnesses.
So by this logic it means that everyone should attack U.S.A since they used two nuclear bombs on Japan in Hiroshima and Nagasaki where the fatalities were in the hundreds of thousands ??? :? :?

The Watcher

Shamayel, I think there are few destablizing factors involved.

• *Israel/Hamas

*Yasser Arafat / Ariel Sharon

*Arab Leaders

*Israel/Hamas because both do not want peace and they want to kill each other. However, I believe they coordinate their acts with each other and both work for each other. Israel wants to continue its aggression and expansion, while hamas creates excuses for it to be able to acquire more land and establish more settlements.

*Yasser Arafat, He is old. He can't think straight and for all these years him being there - what have palestinians achieved? Nothing. Let others try and maybe they can get something good out of it. His 30 years didn't bring no settlement to the issue, what makes us think that another 10 would bring something??? However, I don't think he is going to live that long. :D I hope he doesn't.

Ariel Sharon is a war criminal. Once a criminal always a criminal. He loves to kill, and that is what he has been doing for past 3/4 years. We need new brain, young mind and youth to lead both palestinians and Israelis if we really want Peace.

Arab Leaders- whoever hired these losers??? They need to go. Eventhough they are doing good job at keeping their publics in control and backward... I think they need to be ousted. ALL muslim nations should recognize israel... it would NOT harm them if there is no benefit.

Winter

Jesus Christ, I know.....What has violent reform shown for Palestine and Northern Ireland? Northing. After years and years.....It is a pity no one will follow Ghandi's principles of non-violent opposition like Martin Luther King did.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Oqaab said:
A nice topic but this topic shouldnt be in Navy forum.

Thanx. :)
The article is about nukes being launched from submarines...so that is why I put it here.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Yeah its about subs, but its more about missiles and nukes. Thats why this story was so popular.

Oqaab, if you want you can move it into WMD forum. :)

Oqaab

Oh,

Actually when I posted my previous post, I was in a hurry and didnt check the link given above in the first post coz my elder brother was forcing me to get off from the computer. :D . Its in the correct forum, thanx for posting. :)

The Watcher

Don't forget to read this...

[related]
Nukes, subs, and (not so) black ops
In its October 11-12 weekend editions, the Los Angeles Times - with much fanfare - carried a 16-month old story: that Israel had modified three diesel submarines acquired from Germany and US-supplied Harpoon-type cruise missiles to give it a sea-based nuclear attack force.
I think the story about Israel having nukes on the subs is totally false and baseless-unless I see some other news group reporting it without referencing the LA times story. :D

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
This is B.S. about putting nukes on Harpoons. Has anyone seen a Harpoon??? I mean its virtually impossible to put a nuke on it. Period.

Oqaab

shamayel said:
This is B.S. about putting nukes on Harpoons. Has anyone seen a Harpoon??? I mean its virtually impossible to put a nuke on it. Period.
Its almost impossible for a harpoon to carry nuclear weapons but maybe the israelis are working on another version of harpoon with larger warhead and longer range.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Oqaab said:
Its almost impossible for a harpoon to carry nuclear weapons but maybe the israelis are working on another version of harpoon with larger warhead and longer range.
Maybe... But to have a warhead of such a small size that it fits on a small anti ship missile such as the Harpoon is useless. First of all the yield will have to be very small and secondly what is the need?? Unless they want to take out a whole U.S. carrier battle group. :eek

Oqaab

The reason could be that arming submarines with nuclear tipped torpedos might not give that much accuracy.