what does 'AUR '(all-up rounds) mean ?

taijing

Hello everyone,
Could any one inform me of the meaning of these letters ??
I often see these letters on some publications about missiles... Recently, I saw these again on a U.S. DoD website about STANDARD Missile-2 BLOCK IIIA all-up rounds.
Thanks

ullu

Maybe gf0012 can help us with this?

I searched on google but only found articles mentioning it not defining it. :(

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
ullu said:
Maybe gf0012 can help us with this?

I searched on google but only found articles mentioning it not defining it. :(
it normally refers to a fully integrated firing container for cannister launched missiles. (cables, guides, keys etc...)

butch4343

All Up Rounds

In my experience Tajing, the AUR comes into theatre , and everything for the stores employment is packed with it, hence the armourers simply pop open the box, build the store inside , then load the store to the aircraft. Generally as well AURs dont require any second or third line maintinance, the armourers run the diagnostics, if the store fails its test its re-packed and sent to manufacturer for investigation. Hope this helps

heyjoe

Aim-9x Aur

Hello everyone,
Could any one inform me of the meaning of these letters ??
I often see these letters on some publications about missiles... Recently, I saw these again on a U.S. DoD website about STANDARD Missile-2 BLOCK IIIA all-up rounds.
Thanks
In case of AIM-9X an AUR designation also means local weapons folks do not have authority to break the missile into its pieceparts or risk voiding the warranty. If any component fails (within terms of warranty), the entire missile is shipped back to the manufacturer and another issued immediately.

Slater

"All Up Round" means the missile is delivered as a completely assembled weapon, except perhaps for quickly attached components such as wings and fins. For example the AIM-9M (in USAF use) is delivered from the factory in a four-round container as a completely assembled missile except for the wings, fins, and TMU-72 coolant tank.

Back in the 1960's and 1970's, many weapons needed to be built up from separately packed components. You might receive the rocket motor in one container, the warhead in another, the control surfaces in another, and so on. This required time to unpack everything and assemble the various parts, not to mention the extra storage space required, more handling, accountability, etc.

There were exceptions, of course, such as the AGM-65 Maverick and (probably) Naval missiles such as Standard, I'm guessing.

zrok

Sm-2 Aur

The SM-2 AUR is the SM-2 missile loaded into it's VLS canister. It just has to be dropped into the VLS launcher, make a couple connections to the launcher and it is ready to fire.