The Military Image Gallery!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Guys...and ladies!

The Military Image Gallery is up with some pictures in it.

From FRONT PAGE, click on "gallery" and it should take you to the front page of the gallery... have fun. ;)

Currently, registeration and uploading/submission of pictures is disabled. :)

Let me explain the structure of the gallery:

Category:

USA
>Military Branch (Air force) [sub-category]
>>Type of aircraft (Bomber) [sub-sub-category]
>>>Name of the aircraft (B-1) [album - with pictures in it]

Same goes with rest of the "Categories" on front page of the gallery.

So far it looks good, acts good, feels good so lets see what it does in the future. Hopefully it will grow. ;)

Enjoy and your ideas and suggestions are welcomed. :)

Admin

WebDev

Re: The Military Image Gallery is up!!!

If you want to upload the pictures there, you will have to register.

I know... I know its hard work but hey you get to upload pictures. ;) Thats Military Pictures ONLY for now. Maybe in future we'll allow other pictures too so you don't have to look for a place to upload to show us your great collection.

Categories and Albums have been created for you... for USA, Pakistan, India.

We welcome all suggestions, so don't hesitate.

Adios!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: The Military Image Gallery is up!!!

One more note to take into cosideration when uploading pictures:

Make sure there is NO link, etc on the picture. Hide it, remove it do whatever if you want to upload the picture and want to get the approval.

If the picture has a "link" of some sort written on it, it will ge deleted no questions asked.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Happy to say that we have 500+ pictures in our gallery. Good work those that uploaded pictures from their collection! :)

:smokingc:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
There seem to be an issue with gallery nav bar.... will be fixed shortly. thanks!

[fixed]

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Users would need to REGISTER to view full size pictures... you are able to see thumbnails only if not registered.

If you are registered please login to take full advantage of our great gallery.

Thanks

ullu

I see, thats why so many people registering? People you gotta start posting on the forum as well!!!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
We are experiencing some after-shocks of the upgrade and having some errors when you click on a category... headers are sent twice! So, we are working on it and will be fixed shortly.

Thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Another good news related to the gallery:

We now have 1500 pictures in our military gallery in well organized categories and albums. I don't know any other military gallery on the net that has that. Many more to come in the coming weeks and months. :)

Enjoy!!!

Webs

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Made some more changes to the gallery. What do you guys think? Better? :D

LCA_Tejas

I get this following message even though I am registered forum member ............why ?

You need to LOGIN HERE to view full size images

If you do not have a username, please REGISTER to access this page - Its easy, quick and FREE!

*** PLEASE PROVIDE VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS *** If you want to activate your account.

Already registered? Please LOGIN HERE, Thank You!
:?:

LCA_Tejas

Let me guess .........is there a seperate registration for the Forum and the gallery ???!!!! I hope not ........... :help

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
No! You only get that error when you are not logged in.

Either your browsers cookie settings aren't set correctly or something related to your browser isn't functioning as it should. Some things you can try to see whats the problem:

-clear your browser history and cache.
-check cookie settings and make sure they are set to default.
-try logging in using an other browser than the one you are using.
-if all above doesn't work, try logging in from another PC and if you can log in from there you know that problem is PC configuration.

I have the same problem. If i use my desktop to login, I can log in and go to the gallery fine but once i change pages it logs me out from the gallery but im still logged in to the forums. I tried the above mentioned approach and i wasn't having this problem on my laptop.

Let me know the outcome.

Thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
no more scroll bar for those with lower resolution like 800x600=more user friendly?