American Plane Slips off Aircraft Carrier: 2 Pilots Safe

Destroyer

US plane slips off aircraft carrier during landing: Aboard the USS Constellat, April 1: An American warplane veered off the USS Constellation's flight deck and slipped into the water during landing today. The two pilots ejected and were rescued by helicopter in the Persian Gulf. The S-3B Viking airplane, which is generally used for anti-submarine warfare, malfunctioned, military officials said in a statement. After being rescued, both pilots were able to walk off the helicopter, although one was carried away on a stretcher. Both were being evaluated for minor injuries, officials said. Their names were not released.

Destroyer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
F-14 Down in Iraq!

My good buddy mdbao just let me know about a F-14 that went down in Iraq... i'll let you guys know if I can find some updates.

The Watcher

shamayel said:
Too much "Tech malfunctions" kilo. Sound like coverups.
Off course, too many crashes and malfunctions can only mean one thing = cover up!

Its a good strategy but they are using it too often and now it doesn't work as well as it use to!

Blackclaw

The S-3B Viking is one of the hardest aircraft to land on a carrier. It's fairly large and has a high stall speed.

All deck operations on US carriers are videtaped. Sooner or later I bet the video of this will get shown somewhere.

Nulla

These aircraft would of been retired sooner, but there was nothing to replace them in sufficient numbers & with a similar payload capacity

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
lol its kinda funny imaginin Vikings slippin of an aircraft carrier just like tht get wat im sayin? for all the superpowerness.